04 DRZ-400-S Plastics Mods

Gave up on the EXC-450 & WR-450 Dual Sport project. To much $$$$. Got a GREAT deal on a 04-DRZ-400-S. Gona give it a shot. Damn thing is that Urine color though. Wana get it set up in blue to match my Yamaha Riding Gear.

Any body want to trade up on my Yellow tank & plastics for some Blue equipment? Or sell me some blue equipment you may have lying around in the garage? Also looking for any used accessories like skid plates & hand guards, wheel sets etc.

Wow, I would've just bought a blue one instead :D Seriously, I went to a different shop because all they had were blue, I went to the "other" shop and said here's my money now get me a yellow one...and they did :devil: I just couldn't ride a blue Suzuki dualsport ?

Good luck, aftermarket companies don't make blue replacement plastic either ?, they do however have black if that suits your fancy :awww:

Roger that Malachi,

No Blue replacement ??

I bought the bike used. Thought i was going to look at a blue model and it turned out Yellow. I made a low offer and he took it. I guess i can work some yellow in to my riding gear to make things match.

Blue plastic can be gotten from ronayers.com stock suzuki is the only one making blue... sometimes you can get some blue plastic on ebay, but it usually goes for a higher price than yellow because it is hard to come by. Kawasaki KLX400 is the exact same bike (in case you didn't already know) and uses a black gas tank... good luck... :thumbsup:Andrew

You can get IMS tanks in blue. Not sure about clarke ones probably though.

The shrouds and rear fender can be purchased in blue from Ronayers.

The front fender you can get any generic blue fender

The stock side plastics are white and no one makes them blue so I bought Acerbis Black ones.

I lub mine in blue. Its so unique. Everyone always thinks its a Yamahama though. Go figure. ?

Could not find anything in blue for dirt @ Ronayers. All i saw was street Suzi gear. Maybe im missing something. Wouldn't be the first time. I can't believe blue plastic is so hard to come buy.

Hey Jas. Wadayathink about trading plastic and keeping the gas tank? A blue and yellow combo? My plastic is clean. You get a blue tank & yellow plastic, I get a yellow tank and blue plastic. COuld be a major fashion trend.

Any body know what the compatibility issues are with regard to plastics between an 03 & an 04 ???

03 & 04 plastic all the same. Blue plastic only offered on street model. No difference between dirt and street plastic except for headlight and rear fender. An E rear fender is thicker than an S because there is no frame underneath, but it is very very close and might still work on an E with some very slight changes...I might can send you an old S fender to use as a trial if you want... :thumbsup:Andrew

Roger that Andrew. Thanx for the offer you are very generous.

I don't know why blue plastic is so hard to come by. Pathetic hugh? I have always been a function over fashion guy. I just sold my 01 YZ426 and i have all blue riding gear. I thought this bike was a blue one, turned out to be yellow but i could not beat the price. STOLE IT ! !

SOooooo .... Im trying to adjust to the Urine color but and having trouble. Im a true blue Yamy guy. I think if i work a little blue in i can match up OK. Im having Post Pardom Yamaha Separation Syndrome.

But you know what? Yamaha used to be yellow. My 81 YZ was yellow. So i may acclimate after all.

I think Jas has got a good plan. Exchange parts. He gets a yellow bike, i get my blue bike. I also like the hybrid idea of a yellow blue combo. It would give the mighty and powerfull Zook a unique Look.

Still trying to decide on a pipe. Im leaning towards a FMF Power Core 4 Q, cuz I will be street riding and sneakin around in off road areas where i don't belong and need a semi quiet report. Wadayathink????