Sign in to follow this  

Thanks to TT and the YZ250F/WR250 Forum !!!

Hi,

I'm new to TT and I've been "lurking" on TT and the YZ250F/WR250 Forum in particular for about a month now, and I just want *THANK ALL OF THE CONTRIBUTORS* for the information I've been able to glean from this site.

I've been riding/racing 250 2-strokes for the past 25 years and recently became convicted that a 4-stroke was the direction I needed to go (read: sick of getting passed in sandy and wide open rutted sections). At the beginning of my quest for a new 4 stroke, I read all the hype about the Honda CRF250X and was swayed towards that bike. I even called KillerHiller about buying his, but he had already sold it and he suggested I might want to do a little more research before buying one.

Enter TT. I learned about the valve *issues* on the CRF's and read about its relative lack of high speed stability compared to the Yamaha, which jogged my memory back to the two CR250's I raced in the late 80's/early 90's: them boys were kinda twitchy at high speed. Granted I didn't have a Scott steering damper back then, but......

Anyway, I started reading the YZ250F/WR250 Forum. I looked really hard at the WR250F, but decided to go with an '04 YZ250F instead of the WR because I race HS and have a strong aversion to extra weight (my body weight doesn't count!!). I was fortunate enough to find a really nice used team bike at a local dealership with all kinds of *bling* on it. Another major plus, this bike is jetted perfectly!

In the last few weeks, I've searched the YZ250F/WR250 Forum and www.thumperfaq.com from one end to the other, and have found them to be EXTREMELY informative. Granted, on the forum, one must be able to discern between the *gurus* and the *yahoos* (present company excepted), but overall, THIS SITE ROCKS!!! Thanks for the help. This is a excellent bike!!

Thanks Again!

:thumbsup: Well said, this board has been a great source of info for me on my first 4 stroke after riding 2 strokes for 30 years. Don;t know what I would do without it. A search usually answers all my questions. :devil:

congrats! the yz250f is a great bike. especially for hare scrambles. some people i have talked to have loved their cr250x's and others have hated it. i guess it just depends on the specific bike! anyway, glad you chose to go blue and you will see how super reliable these bikes are.

heres to good racing with your 250f! :thumbsup:

Welcome to TT! You will probably find out that you can go faster on your 250F and for a longer time than on your 2 strokes. At least that is how it was for me. :thumbsup: