Sign in to follow this  

Little Pend Oreille... Anyone ever ridden there?

Little Pend Oreille is in the North East corner of Washington state, from what I can tell the nearest town is Colville. Anyone ever ride the area and if so what was it like? It is a dedicated ORV area according to the map that I'm using. Thanks.

Lot's of singletrack very technical in some spots... If you ride south it will connect with the Batey-Bould trail system... more motorcycle only technical singletrack... One of my favorite places to ride...

I used to ride from Batey up to little Pend Oreille. That whole northeastern Washington orthern Idaho western Montana has endless amounts of some of my favorite riding areas. I wish I could get up there more. By this time of year one would expect the trails to be pretty clear of debris, the one gotcha up there. Spark arrestors will definitely be mandatory this time of year I'm guessing, although I think they may be having a relatively wet year. The whole area comes highly recomended. Have fun, I wish I could join ya.

I have ridin it, the trails are tight, not to much traffic,

over all a great ride.

Oh yeah I definitely need to mention this: this area is definitely whitey central. I [@#$%&*!] you not there is this real concern up in that area. Just a freindly warning since I don't know you.

xxXXDeathXXxx.... You've got to be a little bit more specific, I don't have a clue what your trying to tell me. Lead a pretty sheltered life up here in Canada.

xxXXDeathXXxx.... You've got to be a little bit more specific, I don't have a clue what your trying to tell me. Lead a pretty sheltered life up here in Canada.

I do believe he is referring to the white supremacy movement sad to say. :thumbsup:

You probably don't even notice if you're white. On the other hand Ive heard of same lame (nonviolent but still lame)crap happenning to people I know. But yeah, the most ignorant m'f'ers I've met are from that general area.

Hi red 450, my son and I have rode there a few times and its just like the other guys are saying with the exception of the white supremacy crap, I have been riding the woods north of Colville and in Idaho for 25 years and NEVER had any problems! or have heard of any.(we are all laughing at this one). feel free come down to ride and maybe we will see you on the trail some time. :cry:

I've done some riding in the Radar Dome ORV area as well as some of the trails across the highway. I loved it and hope to get over there again this year. Tim and Shawn hunt over there so I tag along and bring my bike. The actual Radar Dome is pretty cool to check out (and a little on the creepy side) It's great single track w/ minimal traffic. I had to go over, under, and around a few trees, but nothing I couldn't handle alone. If it wasn't such a long drive I'd go more often.

I really like it over there. I'd say the trails might be a tad easier than the ones at Mad River or Taneum, but it's a TON of fun over there. I used to live in Spokane so I spent a good part of summers up in the LPO area. The best thing about the area is that it doesn't see NEARLY as much traffic as the trails in the Cascade mountains do, so it doesn't get as whooped out or torn up. Very few creek crossings. Not too much sidehill. Spark arrestors and ORV tags required, but I have yet to see a ranger up there. Not saying there aren't rangers . . . just that they must not patrol too often. I'd recommend not camping at the Lake Gillette campground--camp hosts there aren't too fond of dirt bikes, if it's the same people who used to be there. Sherry Creek just down the road was always our campground. It's unimproved though. You can shower up at Beaver Lodge if you're tent camping and don't have access to hot water for washing up. Definitely do the Granite Peak loop, and take the short spur trail up to the very top--what a view!

Funny huh? I'm guessing you wouldn't think it was funny if you had been on the recieving end of some nazi's bad attitude. The whole area is peppered with rich white supremecists. If you don't believe this then you are ignorant as well.

I have never personnaly experienced problems, but I have some close family friends who have. I could also drive you to the doorstep of local community leaders in that area that are openly white supremisist and you could ask them yourself.

Did you ever say to yourself hey I'm white, hmmm I wonder why the white supremisists never mess with me? (sorry if you are not white, but odds are in my favor as you say you are from Spokane after all)

Hi,

I just want to apologise (to everyone really) for all of this BS. When I read back through it all I feel sick for even bringing it up. I must have had chip on my shoulder that day. In hindsite it seems like such left field thing to say. Sorry. I don't know &%$#@! my problem is. I've got no excuse.

Good day.

PS please don't feel obligated to reply to this rambling jibberish I just felt the need to post this after reading back through the thread. On the other hand I realise now I was wrong and am willing to take my licks...