Sign in to follow this  

Put Cathy on the new WR250!

Went riding again out back on my new bike. Towards the end we went back up to the flat part and traded bikes! She did pretty well - didn't crash... Just adds more confusion as to which bike to get! :devil:

Here's a couple pics after we swapped...

Took a second to get the phone/camera out, was tough trying to catch up/take a pic!

09-11-04_1711.jpg

Finally caught up...

5e2ff9c2.jpg

Posing - sorry about the sun... (It was pretty warm out too, 96?)

95d2b260.jpg

Me on her bike

040edcc6.jpg

Couple of wheelie pics - tough to get the balance point with poor throttle response!

fe1ed29d.jpg34840d53.jpg

Cooling off with new bike :thumbsup:

09-11-04_1722.jpg09-11-04_1723.jpg

Sweet! That looks like fun!

Kind of funny, but the DRZ looks like its almost the same size as the WR250. :thumbsup:

I'm a pretty small guy... The best way to tell is my position on the seat, it's REAL hard to get up on the tank on that bike...

Looks to be about the right size for her. She can handle a full size bike. The kdx should be perfect, you can get a kouba link for it. BUt an estart wr 250 wouldn't be bad either. What did she think of the power? THe 230 may not cut it. Might as well get her a cr 500 or a 525 exc :thumbsup:

Er, NO on the 500. :thumbsup:

Check out my death grip on the bars. I think I shoulda just threw myself on the ground a couple times to get the feel of it.

Please refrain from throwing it on the ground until I put the old plastics on it... :thumbsup:

Er, NO on the 500. :awww:

Check out my death grip on the bars. I think I shoulda just threw myself on the ground a couple times to get the feel of it.

Death grip or no, you still looked pretty good there, DRZ!! :devil::thumbsup:

Don't worry about throwing yourself to the ground... you'll get there in due time! (Don't we all? :lol:) Serious, how'd you like the power? Pretty managable, no?

I love my husband's WR. Its tricky getting on and off the thing (It is WAY too tall), but it is fun as hell once I am on it. :thumbsup:

Its tricky getting on and off the thing (It is WAY too tall...

ever watched Gaston Rahier get on his Beemer?

Its tricky getting on and off the thing (It is WAY too tall...

ever watched Gaston Rahier get on his Beemer?

No I haven't. I usually just put one foot on the footpeg ( with the bike running, clutch in, and first gear). I let off the clutch and when the bike get moving just jump on. To get off I let the bike slow to a creeping place and hop off, then brake it to a stop. I don't know if there is an easier way, but it works for me. :thumbsup:

Er, NO on the 500. :lol:

Death grip or no, you still looked pretty good there, DRZ!! :devil::thumbsup:

Don't worry about throwing yourself to the ground... you'll get there in due time! (Don't we all? :awww:) Serious, how'd you like the power? Pretty managable, no?

It was really grabby in 1st so I tried second. Much better. All I did was putt around in 2nd and 3rd. I was pretty petrified. Sorry. I even asked how do I turn. E start was VERY cool though. Much more substantial bike!!

Ok, rode hubbies new bike again yesterday. Wasn't nearly as scared as on Saturday. Got it up to 4th. I'm still really careful in the ruts and stuff. Will try some little obsticles today (maybe :thumbsup: I hope!)

Ooo, exciting! I've got the jitters for you b/c I felt the same way when I first got on the KX. I can't wait to go at it again but I think it'll be a few weeks. You're lucky you have somewhere nearby to ride! Have fun!!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's just everything is on a totally different perspective. I'm much higher from the ground. It's MUCH bigger around and I can feel the difference in the weight. It's not at all bad, it's just different.

Looks like you guys might go form the yellow team over to the blue team. A two wr family.

You will be jumping that thing and popping wheelies in no time. Hey, check out the SW forum we are doing a couple rides down at georgetown(oct 16th) and Foresthill (Nov 13th) It would be cool if you guys could make it. We were going to stonyford but the weekend I picked had a large enduro so we changed to foresthill.

Hey, Georgetown and Foresthill are about 3.5 to 4 hours from us so we'll have to think about that. Definitely not a day trip.

Too bad about Stonyford! I think we might go on Thanksgiving Holiday. We don't care about turkeys!!!

Yeah we are going for the weekend on both those trips. I was also thinking of going to stonyford for the day on the thanksgiving weekend. I have to see if we can get a grandma to babysit though.