Sign in to follow this  

Woo hoo! Guess what, Ladies

I finally got a bike today!! :thumbsup:

I got a well used but well maintained '03 KX100! I can't believe I'm doing this! And thanks to all of you for your insights and support!

For my first time EVER on a motorcycle I did pretty well. My first kick was too wimpy but second one fired up right away and I let the clutch out...slowwwwwwly and took right off. I got up to third gear in no time and had a blast!!

Definitely has a quick throttle response but nothing too intimidating. It had an FMF shorty pipe but they're going to switch it back to the stock pipe for me to help mellow it out a little (yes, I get to keep the FMF pipe), new set of tires and tubes so now I just need to get oil, gas, etc.

Anyway, I'm really excited (my husband isn't though :lol: ) so I just wanted to share my "virgin" enthusiasm. :awww::devil:

Kristina

Sweet!

Why isn't your husband excited? :thumbsup:

Kick him in the shins with your boots on and that'll get him hopping! :awww::devil:

Lol- I don't think that would go over too well.

He's more concerned about the money going down the drain. I hope I can get him on it so he can get a feel for it! I'll get it tomorrow so we'll see. At least he's talking to me now :thumbsup: He'll come around sooner or later (sooner, I hope) :devil:

Do you have a pic of you riding it?

Oh and congrats on the kx100, I hear all kinds of good stuff about that bike. :thumbsup:

Nope, no pics. I had planned on bringing the camera but in my haste of trying to round up the kids and get directions, I forgot it :thumbsup: Oh well, next time.

Yeah, I did a boatload of reading and I was this close >< to getting a CRF230 but the weight really bothered me so I'm kind of glad I lost out on that ebay auction (man, that was close too.I only lost in the last 7 seconds) :devil:

Anyway, if you want to see what the bike looks like, here's a link to the add http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488541192&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Now, if you were hoping to see what I look like, wellll, you 're not in for much of a treat :awww:

Congratulations and that's great that the bike seems to fit you so well! You sound like you're completely hooked!

We want pictures! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::devil:

A set of graphics and you will be the highlight at the track... :awww:

trade that evil husband in for a new SUV and as they say on TV... "you go girl..." :lol:

David

Don't worry. He'll forgive you. I forgave Pete(eventually) when he bought his DRZ three years ago.

Yep, he broke two promises when he bought his bike. Oh well, I wanted him to have it, it was just bad financial timing.

Yahoo!! :thumbsup: Good for you! Tell hubby you only live once... it'll all work out in the end! And maybe, when you're being 'extra special nice' ( :awww:) because you're so happy from the joy your new pasttime brings you... he'll come around! :devil:

:lol:

Congrats on the KX. :thumbsup: It's cool knowing there is another thumpette riding the KX100. I don't know what kind of 2 cycle oil you are using but I did a lot of research and asked around and found BelRay H1R was highly recommended. That is what I use and it works very well, and burns pretty clean. I also use BelRay 75W Gear Saver. I am kind of a fanatic when it comes to using quality products, and when I asked around to knowedgable people these products were at the top of the list. Have fun on your little rocket. :devil:

Ha, I'm sure I'll be bugging you for info as you know your stuff with this bike! Now I won't feel so alone either :thumbsup:

The previous owner was using Silkolene comp2 Pre-mix, light gear oil and cable lube and Pro Honda Chain lube, brake fluid and cleaner. Do you know anything about those brands? The kid that I bought the bike from works in a good shop and he babied the bike (which is good b/c its pretty clear that he rode it hard) so I hope those brands are top notch anyway.

Well, as soon as I figure out how to post pics, I'll put up a couple.

All right, let's give this a try and see what happens.

Img0177Small.jpg

Img0176Small.jpg

Img0175Small.jpg

Img0173Small.jpg

Img0174.jpg

Oh cool, they worked!

Too funny, if you look closely at my 2 yr old on the bike, you can practically tell exactly what he's saying! :devil: And that last pic of me is really goofy, yuck, yuck.

Walk around the house muttering 'I wonder how powerfull we could make that little motor :thinking:' .. See if it sparks his interest.

LOL! Yeah, that's a great idea!! ALthough, his first concern would be for me not to get hurt so he might not go for that. :thumbsup:

He's more concerned about the money going down the drain.

so, let me get this straight. he's married to a chick. and he's worried about money going down the drain? &%$#@!? other guys have to buy expensive jewelry and cars and stuff for their wives.

congrats on the new bike. now you just have to figure out how to get your bike to moonrocks (reno) in february. or just get yourself there, and someone will find you a bike to ride. if you come and bring your husband, i'll bring a bike for him.

btw, that bike looks totally cherry. my bikes look that good for just about as long as it takes to get them somewhere to ride.

-mark

p.s. kpicha, you mtnbiking girl, a few of us in ely did a 6.5 hr epic mtn bike ride in the schell range today. up to 10,500', aspens turning, spectacular views of everything. wheels are good.

I'm gasping for air at the thought of pedalling at that altitude but I bet it was beautiful! The leaves must be just starting to turn.

The previous owner did a really job of cleaning it up and making sure it runs well. WHen you see it up close, its clear that its been ridden hard. His parents mentioned that he really babied the bike so its in great shape. So now, I just need to find some closeout graphics and I'll be all set. He even gave me new fenders and tires! :thumbsup:

I just can't wait to take out on my first off-road ride!

Img0174.jpg

So those are all your kids? Do you realize how much $ you just spent bringing that Kawi home??? Now yous gots to get 'em all bikes when the time is right!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Way to go mom!!! :D:devil::awww:1022.gif2.gif

LOL! Yep, they're all mine and its a good thing they're all good at sharing b/c it'll be a lonnnnng time before they can get their own bikes :thumbsup:

LOL! Yep, they're all mine and its a good thing they're all good at sharing b/c it'll be a lonnnnng time before they can get their own bikes :thumbsup:

Man, they all look so young and close in age... you're going to NEED that bike to be able to keep up with "herding" them when they get out on their pedal bikes.

Maybe you need to put a sticker on it like I have on mine -

"I got a bike for my husband - it was a good trade."

or a couple others that I can't say on a family board!!

Congrats on the new bike - naked plastic, that's amazing. If I ever ran my bike with naked plastic most of it would fall off!!! :thumbsup: