Sign in to follow this  

Anyone replace the stock seat foam/cover on a 230??

My wife's bike makes her ass hurt. She is 5'11", so she could handle a tall seat foam... but comfort is the high priority.

Any recommendations?

Jimbo

I can't help you with the ass hurting problem. But one my 150 (which is the same seat) I didnt however replace the cover. Is the bike fairly new? Sometimes it takes a few rides to soften it up. Putting a new seatcover on is no problem. And they do make a tall seat foam but i'd imagine it's stiff.

I had the opposite problem, I had to get most of the foam cut out to make the bike lower. However, the upholsterer replaced the foam that was left with a much softer foam so that I would still have some cushioning. Take the seat to any auto or marine upholsterer and they will be able to do that for you. They may even be able to replace the seat cover if you did want to raise the seat height. It cost me $50 canadian to have it done but it was worth it.

After about 6 hrs of riding, my ass is begging for mercy. I've only got about 15 hrs of riding total on the bike, but if the seat doesn't soften up more, I'll definatly be paying someone to replace the foam under the seatcover with something softer :thumbsup:

After about 6 hrs of riding, my ass is begging for mercy. I've only got about 15 hrs of riding total on the bike, but if the seat doesn't soften up more, I'll definatly be paying someone to replace the foam under the seatcover with something softer :thumbsup:

Stand up - stand up - stand up - stand up - stand up - STAND UP

That's what dirt bike are for.

This isn't a street bike.

Thanks for the obvious advice, Dirtdaddy. Now... I'm still hoping to hear from someone who has changed thier seat foam.

Jimbo