Problem starting...Please help!

Having trouble starting 2004 CRF 250R. Only way to get the bike started is by bump starting it. Once started it runs fine but won't idle. While trying to kick start it, it tries to start only when throttle is held wide open. We have installed a new spark plug with correct gap and the carb has been cleaned thouroughly twice. We have read other posts regarding the valves causing them hard to start but would that also make the bike not idle? Last time I went riding, the bike would start but only when I held it wide open, now it won't even start that way.

JUST A THOUGHT ...ARE YOU CUTTING THE GAS OFF WHEN NOT RIDING??IF NOT THE BIKE WILL FLOOD BY MOVING THE BIKE..TRANSPORTING ETC..CUT GAS OFF BEFORE YOU SHUT DOWN ENGINE LEAVE OFF TILL NEXT TIME YOU START..BLIP THROTTLE EVER SO SLIGHT JUST SO YOU CAN FEEL IT MOVE..THEN DO NOT TOUCH THROTTLE AGIAN..TRY THIS I HOPE IT HELPS

Try adjusting your idle. Turn it one or two rotations clockwise and then try to start it. You can adjust the idle from there.

A second thought, how are you using your choke when you start it? You should not be touching the throttle when you try to start it either. You have a pumper carb on your bike and you don't need to touch the throttle when you try to start it.

Good luck.