Sign in to follow this  

Rear tire hitting rear fender.

Is this "normal"? It looks like it hit it quite a bit. The sag is set at 102. What's considered bottoming on these rear fender or shock compressing all the way?

How much do you weigh, and how big was the jump which bottomed out the rear suspension? 95-100mm sag is usually considered normal.

I weigh 175. From the looks of the inside of the fender it hit or rubbed a few times. I never noticed. I was on the track some today. Maybe 6 feet in the air. The suspension was done by Enzo and I never noticied a problem before. They insisted on keeping the rear spring stock when it was first done. Seemed to work great once it was revalved so I never argued. I since have changed the spring to a RCS titanium spring from them also and it's supposed to be the same rate. I did notice when I installed I had to do quite a bit of adjusting (towards the bottom of the bike) to get back to 100 mm of sag. So I pulled the spring off and measured it and it was the same length as stock if not a 1/4" longer. So I did not worry about it. I set the sag. I had one day of track before today but it was light. Today I went pretty hard all day. Could I need a step up? How would that affect my revalving? Should I just get them involved?

if you can see a tire mark on the fender i would say normall if you look at pics on mags u see it all the time.

Honestly I never felt a problem, I just noticed it during wash down.

Come on guys I need some input. I was thinking of trying this first:

1. Confirm I recieved a 4.8 spring from Enzo.

2. Change sag to 95 mm from 103mm.

3. Confirm Static sag is 22-25mm

4. Go up two click on compression. Or should I leave that alone since it feels good on chop and change the Hi speed compression on the shock?

I would imagine that everybodys bottoms out from time to time. My concern would be how often it does it.

i dont think it is a problem i would jsut go by how it feels on the track and if you like that then you should be set. hope this helps. peace and good luck.

Thats what I would have thought, why do I make contact with the fender before the shock bottoms.

Anyways I made my above changes and I'm going out tomorrow.