Sign in to follow this  

Reckless Operation ....Messed Up.

Well,

Tonight I got a Reckless Operation ticket on my DRZ.

I was leaving out of the OSU football game.

It was about 8PM. Lots of police officers around.

I pulled out of the parking lot. Come up to the light where the officer was directing traffic.

And he stops me and says pull over.

At this point I don't know what is going on.

He said I popped a wheely.

Which of course I didn't.

I know exactly what he saw, and why he thinks I popped a wheely.

I pulled out of the parking lot and gave it some gas.

And with the suspension on our bikes.. he saw my headlight go up. So he thinks i popped some tiny wheely when all i did was nothing..

I am 30 years old and never had a traffic ticket.

I'm not stupid, I'm not going to pop wheely's in front of police.

And if I were to ride a wheely, I would make sure he would know it.

I have a mandatory court date on Sept. 20th.

The ticket and the officer said I have to appear.

I feel so wronged...

any ideas how i could fight it?

I guess i am just screwed.

Dude, go to court and explain it just exactly like you just explained it right here. I belive you. Simply because the way you stated your case..a 30yr old poppin' a wheelie right in front of a cop? Just state your side of the story is all you can do. :devil::awww:

Besides, I can see by your avatar that you are certainly NOT a reckless operator anyway.... :lol::thumbsup:

Dude, go to court and explain it just exactly like you just explained it right here. I belive you. Simply because the way you stated your case..a 30yr old poppin' a wheelie right in front of a cop? Just state your side of the story is all you can do. :lol::devil:

Besides, I can see by your avatar that you are certainly NOT a reckless operator anyway.... :D:awww:

Take the avatar as evidence :lol:

On a serious note, what is the actual offence i mean is there a specific law that says when on a bike both wheels must remain in contact with the ground at all times :thumbsup: or is it just a general reckless driving offence. If it was a car how many times have we all given it too much gas and the wheels have spun that must be the same sort of thing in bike terms

I had a friend that tried to bribe a cop with a dozen dunkin doughnuts once. :thumbsup: you could try that. :devil:

In CA it would have to be Krispy Creme or you dont stand a chance :awww: Half the time the cop doesnt show up and you win by default out here

I had a friend that tried to bribe a cop with a dozen dunkin doughnuts once. :thumbsup: you could try that. :devil:

In CA it would have to be Krispy Creme or you dont stand a chance :awww: Half the time the cop doesnt show up and you win by default out here

:lol::D:lol: they are everywere now!

Exactly why I dont like cops. Thats sucks man, it one thing to get busted when you know you did something wrong but its whole different ball game when falsly charge. Stupid pigs.

Out here that would be called Exhibition of speed. And it will land you an automatic court appearance and a fine same thing as burning your tires. It is a misdameanor (I probably mispelled that).

Was it a small town PD? Or big city PD?

Many small Police Departments have nothing better to do than harass people. Many are not real crime fighters just ticket givers. Hence the reason they actually have time to direct traffic. :thumbsup:

Of course I am basing this on Placerville CA. The biggest joke of a PD in the whole state of CA.

Whats funny is I do big wheelies on purpose in broad daylight a stones throw away from the Sheriff station and I don't get caught and you do nothing and you get a ticket. Its a strange strange world. :awww::devil:

i had my XLR 125 stolen last year and when the police came out to take statements etc i said realitically what is the chance of me getting my bike back, he replied not very good. I asked him don't you guys pull over bikers for random checks or anything like that, he then said i'll let you into a secret we very rarely bother pulling bikes for 2 reasons if they pull over they are all legal and we have wasted out time i said and the 2nd? he said if they are not legal ie have right insurance,licence etc they will not pull over and we have no chance of catching them, so to save on all the paper work of having a rider do a runner we tend to leave the bikers alone that way they are happy and so are we.

So needless to say that afternoon i went out and bought myself a replacement and took it on the chin :thumbsup:

Cops are dishonest as hell in general. The last two days the local paper has run a story about how many CHP employees are claiming workers comp injuries to inflate their pensions. Apparently most take early retirement on a medical leave and then go on to another career someplace else (like Hawaii) doing exactly the kind of stuff they claimed injured them in the first place.

Never trust cops, most are straight trash. Espescially never say ANYTHING other than name rank and serial number when dealing with these theives.

The majority of all altercations I've had with police is because they are either stupid or misinformed. That, or just &%$#@!. I've been pulled over for standing on my footpegs while riding over an unexpected pothole, $180. Pulled over for having too much suspension travel (? no freakin' clue). And also pulled over for having a license plate on a dirtbike, she could not fathom that these things were legal, for which I had the opportunity to be put into the back of a police car on the side of the highway for more than 20 minutes as she flipped through her little law book. No appologies, no nothin'.

Now maybe it's just my local law enforcement that are bumbling idiots... But aside from one single time in the past 20 years, police have done nothing but show their idiocy to me. Viva la vigilante justice, we don't need pigs. :thumbsup:

Don't let it bother you too much. You'll have your say in court. Just remember to stick to the facts. Ask the officer to define a "wheelie". Then ask him if he actually saw any daylight under your front tire. Establish the time of day and the light level. If he was basing his evaluation on the movement of your headlight, try to establish that fact. Then explain to the judge that due to the nature of the vehicle and the suspension travel involved that it would be normal for your headlight to rise 4 to 6 inches or so on acceleration. Ask if the officer witnessed any other "dangerous" riding practiced either before the event of after when you were being pulled over.

If it was dark, or evening and the officer was a distance away and didn't see any daylight under your front tire I think you'll have a strong arguement.

It's a p.i.t.a. but if you gotta go anyway you might as well go prepared. Just remember to stay calm and stick to facts.

Hope this help

Despite my earlier comment about PD officers...

My father was a Sheriff Deputy for like 27 years so I wont jump on the whole bashin bandwagon you guys are startin. My comment was more aimed at Police deparments which are a whole different animal. Small towns are the worst.

But even my father has said that the job sucks in general because of other guys in the department that were jerks.

Seems like there are plenty of cops that suck and just wanna flex some muscle all the time. Then there are the guys that are kewl and dont even pull anyone over unless they really were asking for it.

As far as the whole injurys and pension thing... Back injurys are the most common cause of medical problems with law enforcement because of long duration inside the car on patrol makes for bad backs.

My father went out on medical retirement early for his back problems. He has some messed up discs and he had sciatica because of sitting in the car all those years. He also had a little riot incident at a high school where some student ran up behind him and hit him in the back with something. That didn't help any and he had to do a bunch of phys therapy.

But "I dont think" imho you should be saying how they are leeching off the public because they should get something for dealing with all the scum of society for the better part of thier lives.

Some puke even took a shot at my dad once and I think he should get something for putting his life at risk. Robberies, Murder, Suicides, Theft and other violent crime.... just look at all the fun things they have to put up with.

You have to understand that there are plenty of guys giving the others a bad rep.

I have had officers come out to the house to start trouble cause the neighbors called and they were total jerks and unreasonable and were preachin about how they were gonna take someone away in the back of the car if they came back.

I have had others come for the same thing and say... "Just stay away from that other guy and try not to ride the bike near his house, I tried to talk to him and he is being totally unreasonable and wont listen he just wants to yell"

So it can go both ways. You have to understand that they are human too and that a$$holes are in the bunch just like anywhere else. The difference is they have the authority to make your life miserble over nothing.

Next time you get pulled over just tell them you pay thier wages. See what happens. :thumbsup::devil::awww::lol::D:lol::D :D

I dont feel sorry for them, they picked that line of work no one forced them into. They still suck, and yes some are cool, but the majority corn gobblin swine. I hope you get your ticket thrown out. If one pulled me over for too much suspension travel Id slap them with a lawsuit or file harassment charges.

"But "I dont think" imho you should be saying how they are leeching off the public because they should get something for dealing with all the scum of society for the better part of thier lives."

I didnt say it, its been front page news for two days...

The whole cops are &%$#@! thing is just like the whole bikers are bad ass tough guys that will beat the hell out of you if you look at them wrong. Just a stereotype. Yes some cops are on a major power trip and are jerks. Some bikers are tough and will beat the crap outta you if you look at them wrong. I just had my faith in Law enforcment recently restored when I got pulled over for my stupidity. Clocked at 81 in a 55. Gave me a fix it ticket for my license plate not being displayed(got ripped off in a crash a few days prior). I would have had my license taken away for sure had he written me that ticket. But I wasn't being a little [@#$%&*!] head(like a lot of people in this town are apperantly) to him so he let me go. :awww: I think it all depends on your attitude towards the cop and if he got laid the night before or not. :thumbsup::devil:

notice of disclosure... ask the cop in writing when your court date is set and request all his notes pertaining to the charge in question. prepare your notes in your defence and also you get to cross examin him as well.

With your drivers abstract in hand should be an easy off.. Let me know if you have any questions ..

fx.jpg

notice of disclosure... ask the cop in writing when your court date is set and request all his notes pertaining to the charge in question. prepare your notes in your defence and also you get to cross examin him as well.

With your drivers abstract in hand should be an easy off.. Let me know if you have any questions ..

Some body has done this before :devil::thumbsup: