Post a pic of your garage setup

What can I say I have a garage fetish. I was just checking out the bike pic post and got a few shots of fellow TTer's garages / workspaces. Lets see how you got them set up. My most favorite room in the house is the garage, I could tinker out there all day and night. I apologise in advance for no pictures of my own, I haven't figured out how to post pics yet.

I have some but from like... 2 years ago.

honda-xr200-00-bikepics-054629.jpg

honda-xr200-00-bikepics-054627.jpg

the garage minus the CRF,YZF, and CR

honda-xr200-00-bikepics-054630.jpg

Check out that POS max speed- 14MPH

honda-cr450f-03-bikepics-207248.jpg

Imagine that... Crammed into my garage. Some tools, 2 rubbermaid cabinets, 2 snowmobiles, a golfcart, a bunch of pedal bikes, and a big screen TV that we didn't want to carry up the stairs. And that's it. ?

My dream garage will be bigger then the house. Some of you have your fantasies about girls with long legs etc.etc. My fantasy is to come home and there is my 10 car garage sitting there with car lift and every tool imaginable on one side and on the other side my wood shop with built in vac system and all brand new shop equipment. I think I have a hard on just thinking about it. ?

from xr to cr, you should be careful leaving your boots sitting like that. I always put atleast one buckle on and leave them on their side or hang them upside down. When the sit like that the top sags down and it compresses the ankle. over time they will collapse. weaken and just wont fit right. Boots are too expensive to ruin.

right now im trying to buy a house and im planning on putting up a 30' x 90' garage for my projects and toys. right now its this.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/drz/TW%20and%20DR%20inside%20the%20house.JPG

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/drz/GPZ%20in%20the%20office.JPG

sorry they are big pics and im too lazy to resize and upload them again:) we live in a two bedroom duplex and one of the rooms has the computer then all my parts. project bike and sometimes another bike. i love having a wife that understands me and appreciates her bike getting pushed in too;)

Here's the picture of the back 1/2 of my garage which is 20'x20'. I mounted a piece of 3/8 plywood to the wall studs and screwed Rubber Maid cabinets to the plywood. You don't want to mount them too high so you have room to put storage bins on top of the cabinets. I did 6 of the lower cabinets, 1 locker type and 14 of the wall mount units. They go along the back of the garage as shown and 8 go along the side next to the minivan. I put a large filing cabinet out there with a Steel Case desk so I've got plenty of room to sit down and work on parts.

TV with Cable and a phone are bare minimum's. I used to have a fridge and microwave out there as well but got rid of them for more room. I like the outlets in the ceiling with a drop down, retractable cord for hand tools and battery chargers for the motorcycles. I usually have my trailer in there too on the right of the CBR but a buddy was borrowing it. This is where I keep the 300 along with my riding gear so I have a little more floor space. I've also used every bit of available wall and ceiling space for bikes, wheel barrows, yard tools, skis, etc.

Before I moved anything in, I had it insulated, drywalled, taped, textured and painted. It really cleans up the space a lot and keeps the temps a lot more stable in the winter and summer. Don't forget enough outlets and at least one 240V/50Amp outlet for a welder or whatever. I've got 3 boys so it's always a battle to keep their toys put away. ?

garage.jpg

garage2.jpg

Hey Vmax, nice setup. Your garage would look great with a checkered black and white floor. The T.V. is a must. The biggest problem I seem to have is my wife throwing stuff in the garage and letting me decide where to store it. In a perfect world my wife and kids would have their own garage and I would have my very own. Who am I kidding I would just have to clean that one too.

The next house I have, I'd like a 4 car attached and a separate a garage just for me. 4-6 car, stainless shower, industrial washwer/drier, stainless sink and counter with some sort of sweet flooring. Of course it will have to have a pool table, big screen tv, beer fridge and oven/microwave.

When we bought this house, a 4 car garage was a dream, now it's too small. For the kids, get as many bins as you can. We make them put their shoes, gloves, soccer stuff, hats, etc. in them and it helps keep the mess to a somewhat manageable level.