Sign in to follow this  

Damn!! popped tire!

:thumbsup: :mad:Well, I guess I'm not riding tomarrow (sunday), I was riding a little bit today in my back yard, just hitting my little tabletop I built, & after about 20 min, My mom was leaving to go get dinner so I ride out front, & get to the end of my front yard, only about 20 yards & stop, she tells me she's leaving & I said ok, so I turn around & do a little wheelie back up my drive way, ALL GOOD. Well I get back into my backyard & I go to jump again & my backend is sliding a little & bumping all around, so I slow down & look at it, dont see the bolts loose or anything stuck in it so I keep riding, its still does it. So I hop off, & sure enough, my back tire is completly flat. I look all around the tire over & over, but I don't see any hole.& I'm supposed to go riding tomarrow morning!! So I go into my garage & grab my pump, pump it up, & it goes back flat within seconds, I tryed pumping it up again & seeing where the hole is, I can hear air coming out but no whole can be seen. So now I donno what to do. I know how to fix a bike tire, just use a patch, but I have no clue about dirtbike tires. Is there a tube inside or do I have to replace the whole tire? I kinda need to replace the tires anyway because they are kinda worn, but I wanna know if it's needed, & if not what is. Any help?

To find your leak, you can go a variety of methods, but my personal faveorite (most effective IMO) is to take your rear tire off, and partially submerge it in water, only get it wet up to like the bottom of your brake rotor, you dont want to get your bearings wet. While submerged, pump air into the tire, rotate it until you can find where its leaking. Another effective way is to use soapy water and lather it on without submerging it, then pump air and look for bubbles.

Most likely there is a tube inside your tire, if you cant find somewhere on the side that says "tubeless" or something to that effect you can safely assume you have a tube.

Changing a tire is a [@#$%&*!], if you have alot of patience and several tire irons it can be done, usually for about $10-20 you can take it to your closest shop and have it done. If you feel like a challenge, check this out, it is a website of a fellow TT'er that I have found somewhat useful.

Good luck

Later,

Dan

*edit*

Also, it isnt a good idea to patch a tube unless it is a last resort (i.e: riding tomorrow) I only told you how to find the leak just because you asked, it really is best to completely replace your tube and get a new one in there. I wouldnt trust a patchjob for more than one ride, if at all.

*/edit*

That story cracks me up :thumbsup:

Get some tire irons, use a bucket of water, some arm strength and patience.

I say no more.