Sign in to follow this  

yz125 vs yz250f

Just curious since I have not had a ride on either. I have heard you have to keep the 250f pinned, which is what I would expect from the 125. Power output is similar. But I hear the 250f is easy to ride but I would expect the 125 to take some skills to be fast. Is it just a matter of traction? I have ridden with some super fast guys on 125's, but they were so good they never lost momentum so it's hard to judge how one would work for a less skilled rider.

Ive got an 03 wr250f and my previous steed was a 125. The 250 f is more relaxing to ride because its power is more linear . ie it rolls on pretty much as you roll the throttle on. The 125 tends to come on slow then wham o all of a sudden, then nothin. The 250f is more suitable most of the time, however there are times i miss the sudden rush of the 125, eg when exiting a turn and hitting a big jump or when in rythem sections when you want a sudden burst of power. For single trail, technical and forest trail the 250f wins hands down. In mx the 250f is nicer to ride but im still not convinced im faster than the 125. But I can definitely ride it fast easier.

even tho i really really like 2 strokes, in the 125 class the yz250f is superior. You cant really compare a trail bike to an mx bike, so unless ur wr has all the free mods then ur talking about something different.

the 125 isnt really harder to ride than the 250f, the 250 is considerably larger though.

My bike is stock, i've raced just about every 125 two stroke they make (recent years, as well) except a ktm and im smokin some heads.

either way at least its a yam,

u know they're the best :thumbsup: