Sign in to follow this  

Got my 17x4.5 rear rim today.... Tires and build offset questions.

Well the topic says it all.

I just got my BEHR 17 x 4.5 rear today. I was wonderin what you guys suggest as far as build offset to avoid any chain rub no matter what tires I run. Burned?

And tires.... What would you guys suggest for a good all around tire. Needs to do ok on wet / rainy days too.

In about a month the material I have will be sent off to ECW for construction.

Im goin dark side baby. :devil::thumbsup:

Well,I got mine also last wk.Looks nice,good price too?

Are you putting behr frt on too or excel?I have e-mail into

ECW for price on frt behr 17x3.5 & spoke kit but they havent responded yet & their website didnt have prices or any info on behr .Finally am turning commuter into 'tard also.I already own a 440 DR-Z440E.On commuter I am using stock hubs.FYI when you get ready for 41 tooth rr sprocket

dr350 up to '99 work you can get from TT or rockymountainmc.com :thumbsup: Welcome to the dark side!!!!

P.s. ck out item 2485070406 e-bay Both $170.shipped on tires. 69t/a

First off thanks for the dimensions Burned. :devil:

69t/a - Yes that was a good deal for the rear rim thats why I snagged one. ECW gave me a price of $225 (full retail I think) for the front in SILVER and its in stock. When I asked if they stocked the black I got no response...

Must be busy I guess.

Anyhoo I already have some talon hubs. When I got the dough for the Motomaster Race Brake and some Tires I am gonna give them a call or fax them and get a quote for the whole enchilada. Then I'm gonna ship off the material to them and have um built.

I wonder if they will let me trade my gold talons in for Blue ones... Maybe since Im about to hand them $1k for everything. That would be kewl. :thumbsup:

I think I'm also gonna pay them to etch and re-anodize the motomaster kit in blue. :lol:

Cant wait. Gonna be sick. :awww:

Oh ya more opinions on the tires guys! (Thanks Astro :devil: )

What do you guys think about the ones 69t/a posted off ebay? Should I snag a set? :thumbsup:

Burned.... That sort of talk is scaring me. :D

Thanks for the info I was unaware. I thought just the spokes were different.

ECW said something about the BEHR rims needing funny spokes. I believe I mentioned I had talon hubs?...

But I believe they would be the ones that could make it work if anyone. If that rim is the wrong one I will off it on ebay.

Do Talons Lace up different? Is there a measurement I can make on drill angle or otherwise tell which rim I have? Can you describe the diff? Should I just eyeball it compared to my Stock rim?

Thanks for all the help. :lol::awww::lol:

TIRES AQUIRED. THANKS Astroman / 69t/a & Burned for the opinions. :devil::thumbsup:

stock is a cross 2 pattern while talons use a cross 3.im pretty sure all behr rims are for a cross 3 so you should be fine.

I haven't check the cross 2/cross3 pattern yet,but I will tell ya this. frt wheel (my excel 17"x2.50)that was laced

to my stock frt hub on my drz440eSM has .320 dia spoke hole

where as behr 17"x4.5 has .340 dia spoke hole?I suppose yours too?

69t/a

p.s.know of anyone w/good rr talon hub? :thumbsup: