Sign in to follow this  

Summing up my race season

Well, tonight was the last race of the local stadium MX series called the Megacross Shootout series. Its held at the Tri County Fairgrounds in Mendota, IL and there is usually about 10 races in the series.

Well, plain and simple, this season sucked for me. From missing races due to schedule conflicts to stalling or stupid crashes when I did race, I'm just pissed off about this season.

Tonight I was running 4th in the heat and then stalled it in an easy corner, dropped back to 6th and eventually finished in 5th. In the main I was running good the whole race and was in 4th with 2 corners to go and just had a brain fart and fell over in an easy corner. Got up to finish 6th.

Its just bumming me out cuz usually I am a very consistent rider, the type where I'm usually the one behind the guy just waiting for him to make the mistake and then I make my move. Well apparently not this year! I made more little mistakes than I've ever made. Like I told a friend after tonight's race, I wish I would just go cart-wheeling over a triple and finish last then stall my bike or tip over in a corner! :thumbsup:

Maybe its just the stadium sh*t, because I didnt ride much of it this season and rode more wide open stuff like Sunset Ridge and Buffalo Range. Stupid 180* turns and rhythm sections!

Alright, sorry, I just needed to vent, carry on, carry on......nothing more to see here :devil:

the reason i dont race is what your saying now. i want it to be about fun!!! sounds like you did well to me!!!

Dude, how about some advice from someone who races a lot...

Forget about it. Your stadium season is over - move on. You still have some outdoor events left, so forget Wardy-cross and concentrate on MX. If you let that kind of stuff bug you then the rest of your year will bite, too.

When you leave the track - forget that race. (whether you finished first, or twenty-first - forget it.) It should never interfere with your next one. If it does, you'll blow that one, too. :thumbsup::awww:

It's not you - it's your mind. :devil:

well matt228 i think u had a pretty good year... i just think u need more time on your bike and you need to race every weekend.. or like this weekend.. sometimes twice. Next year you better step it up and skip A and go right to the pros :devil: jk..

well this weekend i raced saturday night at the megacross series.. i fell in the heat and ended up forth and then in the main i pulled it together a little and shoulda got 2nd but finished third :thumbsup: but it was alright..

this morning got up at 6:00 and headed to Mt. Carroll.. this track is awesome!!! Uphill 110 ft triple, nice uphill whoops more triples, ,some nice size doubles.. they got it all.. well crashed in the heat came back from bout 10th to 4th .. then in the main stayed in second .. alomst made the pass for first...but made a couple little mistakes and second passed me, so i got 3rd over all..but all you guys out there have to try this track!.. it is definately one of my favorite tracks, ,no doubt..

if you have any questions about either Mt. Carroll or Mendota Megacross just contact me.

Maybe it's because every time you jump you're looking back. Start looking forward you silly goose! :thumbsup:

That must be it! :thumbsup:

Note to self: Look in the direction you are heading for better results. :devil:

"so forget Wardy-cross and concentrate on MX." :devil::lol:

It's not you - it's your mind. :awww:

:D:lol::D Wardy-cross, thats a good one.

If I can add one thing Matt, that is to keep a better outlook. Always picture yourself in your mind pulling the holeshot, doing everything perfect and getting the checkered flag. Don't fill your subconsious with thoughts of crashing on triples ect,,,

The mind is a very powerful tool when used correctly. (just as powerful when used incorrectly.)

Good luck and I hope to hear better results from both of you. Now go do some laps. :thumbsup:

It's not you - it's your mind. :awww:

Thats the thing, its not my mind. I haven't changed my outlook at all this year or gone into the races thinking that I wasnt going to do good or I might mess up.

It just seems that this year I have had an odd number of little things that have messed me up.

I'm not the type of guy who lets everything get to him and is always stressed or anything like that. The only time I really get pissed or stressed is right after the race, when I'm loading up and changing out of my gear and stuff. Usually by the time I'm home (15 minutes) I'm back to normal and back to my normal care-free self.

I have thought about this lately and I've come to the conclusion that the reason I didnt do too hot this year in stadium MX is because I havent really ridden it that much this season.

Usually I race every Megacross race there is and get really used to the technicality of it with the jumps and 180 turns and such. This year I only did a handful of them.

This year I have ridden at Walnut more than anywhere and that is pretty much the polar opposite of stadium MX with long flowing turns, soft dirt and wide open jumps.

So the plan is to race the next Sunset Ridge MX race and see how I do there...I'm betting its going to be pretty good! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the insights and kind words, but in reality I just need to get my ass to the track and keep getting better! :devil:

Well I think it's because SX sucks in general. Way too technical and dangerous. I think SX caters to the fans and not the riders. Fans want to see big jumps right in front of them, hair pin turns and hate to say it but violent crashes. See now I suck on SX tracks which is why I have these views.

I'll shut up now because I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to SX :cry:

Thats why you'll find me sippin' a brew dog with an ear of corn at the fair SX events :cry: