Sign in to follow this  

Gear

Does anyone find it hard to find wemons Mx gear :thumbsup: my mum doesn't shut up about motorbike shops not selling wemons gear.

There have been some discussions in the past about women's gear - sizing, colours, availability...

Search this forum, all will be revealed - about women's MX gear that is... :devil::awww:

As for shops not stocking a range of sizes and colours, it is a fairly small market for female MX gear, Australia is an even smaller market, and the local store in Adelaide is probably just getting by without having to hold thousands of $$ of stock... :thumbsup:

Good luck,

David

There's a few different brands out there. I have MSR, Acerbis and Fox women's gear, and I really like the looks of the new Thor stuff except for the colors.

Is there a place you can mail-order it from? There is here in the States, but I don't know about down there.

what good is the womens gear anyways?

as long as the manufacturers cut womens gear for beanstalks and not real women with butts and boops ...

and as long as they try resticting us to pink, purple and baby blue ...

I don't think the gear is cut for beanstalks at all. And even if some of it is, maybe those beanstalks who ride want gear that is flattering. However, my MSR pants (which come in gray as well as blue and pink) have a very roomy cut. Everyone should try on several different styles and sizes since cut seems to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Besides, wouldn't those women with butts be more comfortable in a pair of pants cut with a woman's curves in mind? Guys tend to be straight up and down, no hips or butt.

They're not restricting us to anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and maybe send an email saying that more neutral colors would be appreciated.

Something to think about: Even if we don't like pink and purple, at least they make SOMETHING. That means that the manufacturers see women as a big enough chunk of the market to bother with. That wasn't true 5 years ago, when the only women's gear was made by off-brand companies like Vixen and MC Gear and Sick Racing. Hell, 10 years ago (or so) they didn't even have womens' T-shirts or anything! I think it's a step in the right direction, even if the colors don't suit all of us.

then why, if you dig up the old gear thread, are most women wearing mens gear and complain about the womens stuff on the market?

I think it depends on the brands. Fox stuff runs wayyyy small but like FIrecracker said, MSR is roomy and I like that. There are quite a few threads here where people mention what they like/don't like about their gear. That really helped me in deciding what gear to buy b/c I knew I needed plenty of extra room in the waist.