Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have an "S" fan to part with?

I've been using my "S" on the street a little more lately and I noticed it overheat a few times while stopped. The fan hasn't been working. I supplied 12 V to it at hom eand it sounds like the bearing is shot on it. I'd like to get a new one but I figured I'd see if I could get some help from the board first.

Does anyone know how much a factory one costs?

About $150 from Ron Ayers for a new fan.

I was looking for one too, but since I rejetted my bike rarely gets hot so I just dont worry about it. Mine was dammaged in a crash(housing bent and fan blads FUBAR'd) but the motor is still good. The motor is removeable, I would part with mine, make me an offer if your interested.

I have a rad/fan on the way from another TT member. Last week my rad took on a 6 inch diameter log. The fan is tweaked but may be salvageable. I'll let you know next week when I get it apart.

I made my own fan kit for a cost of $25. I have run these fans for goin on two years now. I originally switched to engine ice for coolant, rejetted richer with an FMF exhaust, and run 110 octane racing fuel. All these changes helped the motor run cooler, but the 400 still ran hot, so I needed a cooling fan. The dealer listed the "S" fan at $300. My $25 low cost alternative has worked quite well

250xfans1.jpg

jcspode - Your attachment did not work. I would be interested in what you did. Also I would be interested in the motor if it works.

Can you p.m. me with your installation process and parts list that I will need. Somehow my bike had the fans stripped oof before it got to me. I overheat on the technical stuff. Thank you.

Dirt_Bag :thumbsup:

Looks like I can see the pics now. They didn't show the first time. That actually look like a pretty clean looking method of doing it. I assume no one has problems with water? I'll let you guys know which way I plan to go...

my bike has IMS larger tank and the stock Fan doesn't fit between rad and tank... will this PC fan fit between? Here in Dallas is getting pretty hot 5-6months a year... :thumbsup:

Go to any Draw-tite dealer order a trans cooler install

kit(its made by hayden),Looks just about like zip-tie set-up

but w/foam covered small discs designed to keep nylon pull straps centered between rad tubes(if nylon material moves against tube,possibly could act as a saw to soft aluminum) :thumbsup:

69t/a

The through the radiator Zip ties to mount the fans would be the least amount of hassle.

Here is what I did to mount my fans: I milled out a few pieces of 1/8"X1/2" aluminum flat stock and coated with silicone for padding.

plate2.jpg

I used some long 6-32 screws to mount the fans. I filed down the unneeded threads on the part of the screw that passes through the radiator, and coated the screw with silicone.

screw.jpg

Here is photo of what the front of the Radiators look like

front.jpg

I used a toggle switch to turn fans on and off, and tapped into the 12v positive of the ignition switch, so that when I turn the bike off, the fans are off.

I have a 400E model which i used for enduros and harescrambles during the full 2003 year. I still use DRZ for riding poker runs with the junior riders. These little Comair-Rotron fans have been through dust, mud, snow, and get cleaned after each ride with S-100 cleaner(I use a lot of S-100). That should let you know these fans will hold up to a lot of abuse and not fail. The comair-rotron fans are light weight polycarbonate construction.