Sign in to follow this  

Rear Support/Handle for Lifting??????

Here in Upstate NY, it has been "Spring Mud conditions" for most of the year. Does anyone know of a product or has made a homemade Support or Handle that can be added to the back of the DRZ400 so that it is easier to lift it out of trouble spots when the need occasionaly arises? My son's DR350 has a strong frame under the rear fender that one can easily lift the bike with, but the DRZ has just plastic and the only way to lift the rear end is to lift the tire itself.

If someone has delt with this problem I'd like to hear your solution. I'm more concerned with functionality than how it looks.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Ride safe! :thumbsup:

you could bolt on one of those rear luggage racks. sturdy maybe?

I just grab the meat of the fender and tub. Not great but works okay.

the only major difference between a E and S subframe is the S has a rear fender support just like your 350. I just installed an S subframe on a E model for a friend, for that exact reason. Get you an S subframe and the only thing you'll have to deal with is the middle bolt hole for the exhaust midpipe is about 1/2 inch off. A small adapter and you're off... :thumbsup:Andrew

I lift mine by the side/fender all the time no problems :thumbsup:.

I would seriously think about the S sub-frame though :awww:, my E sub-frame is still straight and all whereas if it were an S I'm sure that it would be bent. There are trade offs to consider here. That extra support loop that some feel is necessary to lift the bike by not only adds weight but structural rigidity. When I crash :devil: my rear fender will just bend around trees etc. because it's just plastic, if it had the brace then the aluminum would bend.

Or so I think after looking at bronco's S and my R.

bribe your mates with the promise of beer ,or if like me you have no mates ..carry a small sick of gellignite, light blue touchpaper ..stand clear

SOORY ABOUT GELLIGNITE IDEA BUT SOMTIMES IM TEMPTED WHEN IM STUCK

GET HOLD OF A OLD SEAT BELT STITCH UP ONE END INTO A LOOP AND PUT THROUGH THE REAR WHEEL OR SUBFRAME COMES IN HANDY TO DRAG YOUR MATES UP HUGE ROCK STEPS AS WELL FOLDS UP AND DOES NOT TAKE UP MUCH SPACE IN YOUR POCKET OR FENDER BAG CHEERS MINKYHEAD .LIVERPOOL