Sign in to follow this  

My pride and joy - pics

Hi All,

I thoguht I show you a few pics of my bike being that I've harrased enough of you for information to help me. Enjoy!

p.s. I'm getting the SM fender on Wednesday :thumbsup:

DRZ400SM_118.jpg

DRZ400SM_119.jpg

DRZ400SM_115.jpg

Hope the pics links work. :devil:

Very nice John!

What's the round thing by the muffler?

that is his road fund licence, and it is in date too,lol costs £30 A YEAR FOE A BIKE

Ta folks,

Correct on the Tax disc and Cardif, I did notice a power gain in the bottom end of the rev range but nowt in the upper... It's quieter too witht he bigger bore headers. Go figure!!?

same here bottom and mid range increase and nothing at top end, but that works for me just right.

i just put on a 15t front sprocket don't think i will be going on any more trails now so geared for the street, had a ton out of her before with that sprocket on

Hi Cardiff,

When I was using 15/44 I used to get 99mph max outa the bike on the trailwings. Quite loose at that speed too. :thumbsup:

Since I fitted the SM wheels (15/39) I've seen 110mph, and still going, but I think the correction factor for the SM wheels is about 20% so that's about 95. This time it was super stable tho' :devil:

Anyone got a figure for the correction factor of 21" to 17" wheels as my figure is just derived fronm a bit of maths and practical testing?

Should be fitting the FCR39 next weekend so I can't wait to see the difference that makes. Then it's onto the Dyno with her for a checkup! :awww:

nice DRZ bud ... but that front sail that you are replacing is good for two things .. One is for steering long wheelies and keeping the water from the road rounding back up and in your mouth :thumbsup:

Doing ok now ..Thanks..

I had a bad off a while back . I was doing a wheelie standing on the seat in fith gear @ 60+mph and the new valve I had from Kibble White snapped and sent me down the road hard. The bike road me for 100 yards and than another 200 or so floppin like a spawning salmon down the road. I cracked my spine , tore both sholders , cracked my sternum.... and the list goes on.. 2 and a half months later and I am feelin better now. Dock said to stay off the scoot til I am healed or I will be suckin life through a straw..

And you ?

Nice ride. Looks really good.

WILD_FX - that sux those kinda storys scare me. Specially with the wheelies I like to pull. :thumbsup: No standing on the seat though that sounds a bit much for me.

Hi Cardiff,

When I was using 15/44 I used to get 99mph max outa the bike on the trailwings. Quite loose at that speed too. :awww:

Since I fitted the SM wheels (15/39) I've seen 110mph, and still going, but I think the correction factor for the SM wheels is about 20% so that's about 95. This time it was super stable tho' :thumbsup:

I have no idea how to use the correction for different size wheels, but i have had a ton out of mine with the deathwings on, not sure how accurate the clock is on the DRZ but if felt damn fast anyway, infact nearly side swiped a shogun on the M4 as the winds were a little strong from the side so i thought i better take her down a little :devil: