pikes peak hill climb on right now.espn.

forgot his name already but the guy that got first races with us at IMI... great job!

dan

nathan connely.havent seen him or you since the first race? ?

i missed the last one and will miss the one this weekend due to other racing commitments.but im in for last race of the season for sure.

Davey's motors are built by Jerry Wilhelmy...High 50s in the HP dept. if he was on his Honda450 and high 60s if he was on his Rotax(didnt see the broadcast). If he was on the Rotax, the weight of the bike more than offset any weight advantage he has(bike is in the 250# range). Davey's advantage is that he knows where he has to go fast, as he probably knows the hill as well as anyone.

He is on 19" wheels with Dirttrack tires.

Talked to him at Copper Mt., and he ready for any and all comers. The guy is all heart...I have seen him race with a roll of duct tape holding his shoulder from popping out.

Thanks for the info on Durelle running the stroker kits. This actually just confirmed what we already knew. Davey is a great guy and a fast rider, but my brother and I had him covered except down the straights. We would exit the corners passing him, only to be passed in the middle of the straight.....very frusterating.

Here is the story. My suspension guy runs a Athena Big bore kit for Vet Motocross. So we had him order us 2 kits for Pikes Peak. The class is a 500cc class. So I thought we could do this. I wanted to make sure it would be legal so I called the officials about three weeks before the race. I was told that I could NOT run a oversize bore or stroke. This is clear in the rule book. As it states overbore allowance of .045 from STOCK only. Therefore you can not run a 503cc. This was my understanding...as it was stated to me by the officials. So, we show up with our 450cc bikes and get walked down the straights like you can't believe.

After the race we both were really disappointed. Greg and I started talking about Davey running a 500 motor. We both know davy and did not want to protest him. As we were talking about what we wanted to do it started pouring rain. We also had to catch a flight back to California for a race on Sunday. As it turns out we did not protest. We made a mistake! I honestly believe if Davey, Greg, and I would have been on an even playing field (503 strokers) my brother would have won. Not just this year but also in 02' and 03' In 02' Davey did run a DRZ. And I'm sure that DRZ was not a 400. Or even close to the allowable oversize limit! The fact is next year....we will be on an even playing field. We will protest if we feel the officials are not enforcing the rules.

I don't think Davey intentionally cheated. The rules are clouded. I just happened to call and ask. So next time the rules are clouded and the officials don't seem to want to enforce them. I will protest and make them enforce them.

Next year we will see who really is the King of the Mountain. ? :cry:

By the way. this is the best race of the year! It really is amazing. I can't wait for it to be time to race Pikes again! I hope all of you guys join in and race this next year. I promise you will enjoy yourself and be another Pikes Peak diehard! ? :cry:

Davey didn't have a Honda in 02, I believe his is an 03 as he was still riding a DRZ in 02. Did he have a HP advantage when he won it on a Suzuki?

if (i said if ? ) it was a 503 yes! i know davey as well and have ridden that drz.it was faster than any crf ive ridden ?

gary! it was a pleasure to watch you and your brother.you guys were unbelievable in the corners.nice rides! ?

Now I'm confused too. Was he running a 503 stroker like Falicon claims or was he running a modified stock bore 450 ?. I'm going to stick with the 503. Hey Gary, next time you see the bike just look close at the motor and you will see the cylinder spacer plate to make more clearance for the longer rod which also requires modified top engine mounts ? You could run the short rod 501 kit and the motor would look completely stock from the outside but would make some serious power ?