Sign in to follow this  

friend talkin SMACK

Hey my friend has an '04 crf100 [stock] and says it can go 80 in 3rd gear :devil: . . . . i dont believe 'em :thumbsup: but i was just wanting to know what the stock speed is on one????

THANxXx,

BradeN

80 mph....right... :thumbsup:

I had a 99 xr-100 pinned with a FMFpipe but other then that bone stock do 67 mph, and that was down a hill slightly.

I did the math and I was suprised to find that it would only have to be dropped from a height of 74 feet to reach a speed of 80mph. Correct me if I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

80 yeah right my 100 does like umm maybe 40. Not even I dont think. Whoknows I dont have a Speedometer or anything.

You might try another tops speed run with the choke off!

If it still tops out a 40 you may want to replace your XR100 with a moped! :thumbsup:

my 2000 xr100 with a big gun pipe and Twin Air filter would run 55 before i tore it apart to part it out. it was geared for torque also. im guessing at sotck gearing i would have got 60 out of it, no way in #3!! a stock xr100 will run 80 unless its in the bed of a truck or off a cliff.....or possibly with a 124 superhead kit.

I calculated a 212 foot cliff. :thumbsup:

Is there a physics guy out there who can check this??

Actually, more like 209.5 feet.

and if your dropped a xr400 off the same cliff, it would be going 80mph from the same height. :thumbsup:

And If you dropped a tank off that same cliff with both the 100 and the 400 they would all still be doing 80mph and hit the ground at exactly the same time :thumbsup:, I took alittle physics to.