bicycle computer - adhesive for magnet?

I've got an E model that I've dual-sported and added a Sigma Sport 1200 bicycle computer to. It works great except for one thing - I've lost two magnets so far that I've attached to the rotor because I can't get anything to hold it on well enough.

The first attempt was with 5-minute epoxy and that lasted about two weeks. My latest attempt was with JB Weld and I was sure it would do the trick but it still let go.... ?

Any brilliant ideas out there? Is anyone else doing the same thing and had success?

Thanks in advance!

have you looked at TRailTec. they make the endurance computer. you should be able to get a magnetic rotor bolt and sensor kit model specific for the DRZ400 for around $30us. This is high quality stuff, and with the magnet bolt it will eliminate the need to epoxy a magnet onto your rotor.

I've had my JB weld for about 6 months and ride the beans out of my bike. I also enlarged the spoke slot with a hack saw for a tighter fit and mounted it tucked a bit behind the hub lip. Did not use the screw on the back of the magnet. Good Luck. ?:devil:

I've seen rotors drilled to fit a small round magnet, then apply epoxy. One guy ran some 1/2" X 1/8" aluminum from rotor spoke to spoke and drilled a hole in each to attach the aluminum with fasteners. Double sided adhesive tape is used in some cases. I ran the pickup down to the aluminum hub and machined some plastic to fit over the hub, drilled a hole and placed the round magnet in the plastic washer.

Unlimited possibilities. Trail tec may even sell something better as suggested here.

:cool:You all glue in a magnet, I saw what graybeard did on his CR500, and it seems to work good. He took a piece of coat hanger and wrapped it twice arond a spoke, then bridged it to the next spoke. He used a bicycle spoke clamp-on magnet on the thinner wire. Bet he has over 1500 brutal miles on that magnet. ?

take sand paper to BOTH surfaces and rough them up , take the shine off, and then glue, you could use a 5 min jb weld or car quest sells a 5 min weld that I think is jb weld any ways the only difference between the two (24 hr and 5 min) is the heat rating .

Good luck ?

JB Weld has worked for me and so has QuickSteel epoxy paste for this purpose. The Quicksteel has also been extremely handy on the trail for various things and I recently fixed a plastic fuel tank that cracked on the seem during a fall.

http://www.cargochemical.com/cldwld_prdinfo/comparison.htm

If nothing else works, check out this bolt for your rotor that has a magnet in the head.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/display/eCommerce/productView.asp?ProductID=547&CategoryID=106