Sign in to follow this  

**Warning** If you ride at the little place in Bolingbrook IL...

I know most of you probably don't know what place I'm talking about, and in that case pay no attention to this lil' post, but in case some guys do know:

For those of you who ride or are planning on riding at the land in between some neighboorhoods and bean fields and just south of the Meijer grocery store off Boughton avenue in bolingbrook (next to I355), the cops are now giving tickets if you park your truck on that little closed road that goes south from Boughton road (Janes Avenue).

We were out riding there today with some friends and we rode for about 3 hours, then came back to the trailers and there were 2 cops chilling there. They said they could have impounded both vehicles and all 7 bikes we had there :devil: and they could have given us tresspassing tickets , but they actually weren't asses at all, and just gave us $75 Parking tickets.

They said the landowner has finally complained...

Major bummer but at least they didn't take the bikes. :thumbsup:

I know most of you probably don't know what place I'm talking about, and in that case pay no attention to this lil' post, but in case some guys do know:

For those of you who ride or are planning on riding at the land in between some neighboorhoods and bean fields and just south of the Meijer grocery store off Boughton avenue in bolingbrook (next to I355), the cops are now giving tickets if you park your truck on that little closed road that goes south from Boughton road (Janes Avenue).

We were out riding there today with some friends and we rode for about 3 hours, then came back to the trailers and there were 2 cops chilling there. They said they could have impounded both vehicles and all 7 bikes we had there :thumbsup: and they could have given us tresspassing tickets , but they actually weren't asses at all, and just gave us $75 Parking tickets.

They said the landowner has finally complained...

Major bummer but at least they didn't take the bikes. :awww:

Repeat after me:

Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust, hey, hey, hey,,,,,,,,,, :devil:

That's just terrible, I remember what the kid told me when I stopped him on his snowmobile on my land. Hey I'm not hurtin nothin, I didn't bother to explain to him it was my land not his. Also that it was planted to winter wheat and that snowmobiles pack down the snow which turns to ice in the spring and kills the wheat. What's the big deal dude you got lots of other land? I have the same problem with 4 wheelers in the summer. If it not yours stay the H off of it. Go to a track, Go to a riding park, Support a club, Join the AMA, Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition. And yah I do know it costs money dude, its going to cost you one way or another.

That's just terrible, I remember what the kid told me when I stopped him on his snowmobile on my land. Hey I'm not hurtin nothin, I didn't bother to explain to him it was my land not his. Also that it was planted to winter wheat and that snowmobiles pack down the snow which turns to ice in the spring and kills the wheat. What's the big deal dude you got lots of other land? I have the same problem with 4 wheelers in the summer. If it not yours stay the H off of it. Go to a track, Go to a riding park, Support a club, Join the AMA, Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition. And yah I do know it costs money dude, its going to cost you one way or another.

I hear you man but the thing is, we thought it was cool to ride there, because we stopped by there a week before (without the bikes) and talked to some riders that we saw roosting from 355. They said that they ride there all the time, it was un-incorporated public land, and they have never had a problem with cops...

I go to tracks, riding parks, and I too have my own land down in central illinois that I ride on... we just wanted to try this place cause it's 10min from the house.

If I knew it was private land, I wouldn't have gone there. :thumbsup:

The original poster didn't sound indignant, etc., to me. He was just posting a warning and bumming that they got locked out of this place, so there's no reason to take him to the woodshed. He wasn't on your land, anyhow, so you have no more business wringing him out than he has crapping in your lawn.

And, get over yourself. You don't really "own" land in this country, anyhow -- not in the same way you own a car or a pair of shoes. "Owning" land in this country is more like buying a Personal Seat License for season tickets to an NFL club when you still have to pay for the tickets.

The government allows you to use the land as long as you pay what's an annual leasing fee (taxes) and if you don't keep current on your fees, they terminate your usage rights, and sell the right to use the land to someone else who can pay the fees.

Or, if you have a really cherry spot and a "corporate citizen" wants it for their next outlet mall or some old bitchy broad in the building commissioners' office gets a vote passed that your plot should be a dog park or something, they'll terminate your usage rights regardless and maybe kick you to the curb with a few dollars if they're in a good mood and you got good lawyers.

The government wouldn't want a damn thing with the land I posses the usage rights to. If I thought they would, I'd sell those rights to the next sucker.

If it not yours stay the H off of it. Go to a track, Go to a riding park, Support a club, Join the AMA, Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition. And yah I do know it costs money dude, its going to cost you one way or another.