Sign in to follow this  

drz400s suspension

hi im using my drz for trail riding on varied terain i am

a "slim" 240LBS and am looking for sugestions for front and rear suspension settings for rebound and preload

bike seems harsh at the rear and skitish at the front ...good job i am so (skillful)not

Welcome to ThumperTalk! :thumbsup:

Check out http://www.racetech.com - there you can enter your weight, riding style, skill level, etc. and they'll give you recommendations on spring weights and all that good stuff. Great info over there - definitely worth a look.

thanks fot that ...if moths are attracted to light..why do they only come out at night?

if you keep fish feed them on cornflakes ..just go easy on the milk

At 235 I am about the same weight as you. I had my adjustments maxed out to compensate for the springs being to light. Long story short I got race tech springs and backed off the adjustments. The bike handles and rides better than before. I didn't spend the money for a revalv job, that would help alot as well I am told.

so the harder the better then ?????

i dont know if i should be winding it up or down if i wind up the compression what should i be doing with the rebound

im running 14 psi front and rear

im using it for general trail work ..im not a very fast rider but like the steep rocky trails the best cheers anyone