Sign in to follow this  

Fork Seals

Stewart, I know oem seals are not all that, but leakproof seals are complete excrement.

They never worked 25 years ago. Nothing has changed now!

Sorry, but with the cost of the fork oil, who can chance buying poor seals.

Try changing your bushings. Maybe the stock seals will last longer. This has really helped mine do better.

The leak proof are junk,I've found the seal saver sleeve,made out of a wetsuit material helps keep them clean mine are now 9 months old or so and so far no leaks.

Out all the bikes ive had over the years, i think ive blown 2 seals...how exactly are you managing to do it every six months?!?! :thumbsup:

Man I don't know how I blow them, one fork starts leaking and then not long after the other side goes. I had a 96 xr 400 for 5yr and only blew one seal in all that time. I am going to try the seal savers, maybe they will help.

Thanks

Stewart Frank

I would stay with OEM and replace the bushings as advised. I am on my 2nd set as well, I know the bushings are worn in my forks and as soon as they come in I will install them.

Out all the bikes ive had over the years, i think ive blown 2 seals...how exactly are you managing to do it every six months?!?! :thumbsup:

I average seals about every 6 months too. It's not unique to my Honda either. It was the same way with a YZ400F I used to have. I even have heavier springs. :awww:

I'd like to think its from riding WFO but I never know when I might meet one you out at the track. :lol::devil: