Sign in to follow this  

gloves

It's time for new gloves, my old ones are full of holes. I'm looking for a good, long lasting glove, that will offer a comfortable grip. I'm not worried for blisters, i only get them without gloves. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ps: cost will also be a selling point. Looking for best bang for the buck.

The best gloves I've found have been actually from Oakley. They are marketed as their mountain bike glove, but they are excellent moto gloves. I went through three pairs of the Fox Dirt paws. The fingers kept blowing out. The Oakleys actually have leather at the tips, not that crappy airfoam or lycra. They also have (faux)cabon fiber knuckles so you can punch black bears.

Here's the rub, the Oakleys are $79 bucks. That stings a bit for something my dog really likes to chew on. :thumbsup:

thank you for your reply, they seem a bit pricey for me, beeing 15. (want to save as much money as possible without getting stuff that's not going to be cheapely done) i'd rather just stick with a pair that'll last me a year or two, and move on to another pair.( around 4 months riding season). Thank you, any other options out there? i would think that most ppl wear gloves! Any suggestions???

Yeah I have a pair of Assault gloves made by Shift Mx they seem to be holding up fine and they were dirt cheap I think $17.99 or $19.99 something like that. My friends have worn them and said they were comfortable so I guess itsn not just me who like em?

I have Acerbis gloves,(Impact and Profile)and after more than a year of street, trail, and even some mountain biking (yes, I wear them almost daily), they show almost no signs of wear. I paid less than $20 ea. through Rocky Mountain. :thumbsup:

Thor,MSR,Shift, all make affordable gloves that last very well for me. While I'm getting older and not as fast as I used to be I live for gnarly trails and will wear out a couple sets of grips before the gloves!!. The only downside is that none of them are good for the cold winter conditions I ride in winter up here!!, for that I use Kinco# 1938KWP avalanche gloves. 24 bones a pair and they seem to last forever. :thumbsup:

I have Acerbis gloves,(Impact and Profile)and after more than a year of street, trail, and even some mountain biking (yes, I wear them almost daily), they show almost no signs of wear. I paid less than $20 ea. through Rocky Mountain. :thumbsup:

Ditto. I've bought a boatload of gloves.

The only ones I have left are my 20-dollar Acerbis. :awww::devil:

fox makes really good gloves but the higher the price the better the glove from my experience. i used to use fox everything, now i changed to Thor. their gloves last a very long time, even if you ride almost everyday.

The best one's I've owned are the mechannix wear gloves....I know they are not supposed to be riding gloves

BUT!!!...Better than any other glove in the last 28yrs or so too Me!!... :thumbsup::devil::awww::lol:

The best one's I've owned are the mechannix wear gloves....I know they are not supposed to be riding gloves

BUT!!!...Better than any other glove in the last 28yrs or so too Me!!... :thumbsup::awww::lol::D

I was just looking at the Mechannix gloves in the RockyMountainMC catalog

and was wondering how they would work on the dirt.

I got my answer the very same day. Thanks. I'll have to try a pair on.

They look cool too!

:devil:

I have been wereng the smame pari fo thor glvoes for 3 years and the have been wsome

tgey are convortable and have laste sawsome

i aeven have file the,m with nblood twice and they wash without shirnking

later

dan

LOL, what was that suppose to say? :thumbsup:.

As for gloves, I've had my Fox Pawtectors for about a year now. They seem to be holding up good, only complaint being that the silicon tips on the fingers have all come off. Apart from that, the glove are pretty cool :devil:

I have been wereng the smame pari fo thor glvoes for 3 years and the have been wsome

tgey are convortable and have laste sawsome

i aeven have file the,m with nblood twice and they wash without shirnking

later

dan

translation

he likes thor gloves :thumbsup:

WOW!!, I made a living as a mechanic for alot of years and have a couple pair of mechanix gloves out in the shop that I very seldom use but never thought of useing them for riding, I'll give them a try. :thumbsup: