Riding Evert/ Whats this going to cost me ?

Ran up to Evert for an afternoon ride yesterday. Well about 6/7 miles into the trail I notice my tire loosing pressure. We came to an intersection along the way. So I figure its probobly about a mile back to the parking lot from there. We go about a hundred yards and run into a county mounty. Not even thinking I flag him down to ask him if this will lead us back to the parking lot. Brain fart on my part. I get the talking to that this is a county road and I"m on it illegally. I explain my tire situation to him and tell him that I didn't just drive 150 miles to cut off the trail and head back to the parking lot after only 6 miles for no reason. He feels my tire, pronounces that it is low not flat. Two citations , me and the boy. ? I don't know , maby this is a big problem around there. While we're standing there 2 more riders drove up and were pulled over. I first got a cycle endorsment back in 74 and this is my first ticket ever on 2 wheels. :devil: So, whats the fine amount?

So, whats the fine amount?

I think its gonna feel something like this

?

?

:devil:

A plate hanging off the back of that bike woulda solved some of those problems? How did ya ride the six days without a plate. Or did you do that on another bike? You have a DRZ dont you?

Sucks that you got nailed. But like you said....What were you thinking :D:awww:

Bad deal, sorry to hear that. As for the ticket amount, I have no idea but my guess is not cheap. Spark arrestor and tickets for no ORV sticker are over $100. We rode the C loop at Wolverine today and had the trail to ourselves, not a single vehicle in the parking lot. :devil: Still a good ride but the quads have made it much wider. ?

I rode the DRZ for the six days. Had that street titled back in June. I bought the wr from Motorcyclebrokers. When I went to title it in Michigan I was informed that I needed Customs papers along with the paper work that I have. So now the paper chase started. I called motorcycle brokers several times and was told on 3 occasions to fax over a copy of the bill. This was back in June. Well 2 weeks ago I finnaly get pissed . The bike was sold through Goodfellow Racing which is now out of buisiness. Motorcycle brokers no longer uses the same boarder brokers and were of no real help and evasive to my questions. Was finaly able to learn that the port of entry was Blain Wash. BoarderBrokers was bought out by UPS. I finnaly got a copy of the entry papers last week. Hopefully I won't have any problems titling it in the state.

I rode the DRZ for the six days. Had that street titled back in June. I bought the wr from Motorcyclebrokers. When I went to title it in Michigan I was informed that I needed Customs papers along with the paper work that I have. So now the paper chase started. I called motorcycle brokers several times and was told on 3 occasions to fax over a copy of the bill. This was back in June. Well 2 weeks ago I finnaly get pissed . The bike was sold through Goodfellow Racing which is now out of buisiness. Motorcycle brokers no longer uses the same boarder brokers and were of no real help and evasive to my questions. Was finaly able to learn that the port of entry was Blain Wash. BoarderBrokers was bought out by UPS. I finnaly got a copy of the entry papers last week. Hopefully I won't have any problems titling it in the state.

Dont you just love dealing with customer service people that really have no interest in serving the customer. I had a similar situation with my old mortgage company when I went to get the loan for the X. Dont even get me started on that tale. I get worked up just thinking about it.

Have fun with your ticket. ?

hehe i feel your pain ouch mine was 100 bucks for riding on a dirt road with a non street legal bike, so if he gave you 2 tickets thats 200 bucks thank you come again, and would you like a blue berry squishy with that. yep it sucks ya just got to suck it up pay it and never again do it even if it means your lleft by your self on the trail because everybody else does have a street legal bike ? not that it happend to me :devil: i plan on getting mine street legal this winter.

Ran up to Evert for an afternoon ride yesterday. Well about 6/7 miles into the trail I notice my tire loosing pressure. We came to an intersection along the way. So I figure its probobly about a mile back to the parking lot from there. We go about a hundred yards and run into a county mounty. Not even thinking I flag him down to ask him if this will lead us back to the parking lot. Brain fart on my part. I get the talking to that this is a county road and I"m on it illegally. I explain my tire situation to him and tell him that I didn't just drive 150 miles to cut off the trail and head back to the parking lot after only 6 miles for no reason. He feels my tire, pronounces that it is low not flat. Two citations , me and the boy. ? I don't know , maby this is a big problem around there. While we're standing there 2 more riders drove up and were pulled over. I first got a cycle endorsment back in 74 and this is my first ticket ever on 2 wheels. :devil: So, whats the fine amount?

that's an awful shame.....

if i were you, i'd contact the local chamber of commerce and tell them.

think about it, if cops keep giving out stupid tickets to law-abiding citizens (afterall, you were sincerely in a bind), then folks are just going to stop visiting and doing businsess in communities with a reputation of treating us like crappola.....

well mine was issued by a usfs ranger and it is a federal ticket not state or county, i sent t money order in to thier center in georga, so if he talked to a cop then im not sure about his, i know mine was 100 bucks and no points on my licsense. i dont know if its the same for what the cops issue.

as for the second question about the hairscrambles i will be there im not sure if im going to race or work at it, im leaning for racing hehe, ive never done a hairscrable before so i kinda want to try it and see what its like. i have the big tank on the yz so i dont have to make as many stops. i guess we will see later this week. we are going to be ribboning the course and putting up arrows on tues well tomorrow. it sounds like its going to be a blast.

I know exactly where you got that ticket. We were stopped there last fall going up the road. The insane cop pulled out of a 2 track to road block us. Good thing we saw him in time to stop. Too bad for him that all 3 bikes had plates. It kind of surpized the cop that we would be riding the road back to the parking lot. However after 2.5 laps of Evart, my arms were trashed.

Hey Sandman dont feel bad I am not even from Michigan but I have heard that Evert is in a poor county and they are notorious for ripping OHV riders off by fining them and making them go down and pay the fines! There are even some posts on DirtRider.net that I am sure YZ400 man has seen. Dont feel bad because you were probably the 23rd citation for the day! ?

I have heard that Evert is in a poor county and they are notorious for ripping OHV riders off by fining them and making them go down and pay the fines!

Evart is poor, maybe they will think a $20.00 fine is huge. Sandman if you need to sell some stuff to cover the fine I'd like dibs on your boots. At least they probably can't afford to lock you up. ?

Is this the Chris Kring that worked at Sparton in Grand Haven, oh about 7-8 years ago?

Yeah, that was me. I interned at Sparton during college.Actually, I think it was 9 years ago now. I work at JCI in Holland now.

And YZMan is correct. I have been MIA from the MX rides for a few months since work is nuts and I am still trying to keep my national ranking in DH mountain bike racing high enough to keep my sponsors happy.

I rode the CCC trail off of M20 to Baldwin about a month ago with a big group ride. It was in great shape.

Other than riding Cedar Creek Whoops about once a week, my MX riding has been limited to Big Air since I hate trail riding solo since crashing solo sucks. I even raced Big air a couple of times this year and did the SJO race last Sunday.

Slow Joe, who are you? I think I know.

Chris, Joe Redmon. I work at K & G Tool in Grand Haven now and live in Muskegon. I had a mid life crisis about 5 years ago and traded in my fishing poles for an XR250. That was the first bike I ever owned. Got into riding tracks last year so I moved up to a CRF450. Last time I was at Big Air I kissed the ground and think I got a mild shoulder separation ?:devil::awww:. You can’t miss my trailer if I am up there. If you need someone to run the Cedar Creek Whoops give me a shout. I like pounding through whoops on 450. CRF450JOE@netzero.net