Sign in to follow this  

dr650se fan?

i was sitting around watching tv today (my dr lives in the living room) and starting thinking about a small cooling fan on the oil cooler. anybody hear of such a thing? I think the benefits at slow speed would offset the slightly reduced air flow at speed from the fan/shroud drag. ive never seen fans on an oil cooler before but who knows. just kicking ideas around.

I think you could probably retrofit a DRZ fan. Might be a great idea actually. :devil: Now don't forget to post pics when you get it done. :thumbsup:

If you were to put any fan on an air cooled motor why not just pick up a cheap fan for a computer monitor at radio shack. You can have a simple switch put on the end of the bracket you will have to fabricate from sheet metal. A flip switch for on off will be plenty. Wire it into your start up switch and make sure it's grounded. I don't really think it will help much though. Afterall this is an aircooled bike. That makes a sweet setup for an E model 400 DRZ because they don't have a fan. They work ok for slow riding in really tough gnarly stuff. Then once you are flying again you swich it off. I'd run my DR just like it is. They do hold up. I wish I had one with the DRZ suspension. That would be my honey. prairiedawg :thumbsup::awww::devil: