Sign in to follow this  

Looking at a 2000 SM610S...thoughts please

I'm looking at buying a 2000 SM610S. I've done some research on the net but really haven't found what I'm looking for as far as maintenence, problems, things I need to look for before I buy, etc. It hasn't had the hot up kit put on it and it does have the staintune exhaust. Anyone have any suggestions for me. Also what is a good price for one that is in good condition and been raced?

Thanks

Wolf :thumbsup:

Hey guys thanks alot for the response. Been looked at quite a bit but no wants to tell me anything. What a great community, you guys offered lots of help and tips for me into looking at this bike. :thumbsup: Glad to see that someone wanting to join you guys enjoying a good motorcycle is welcomed with some advice.

Take a deep breath! I have a '03 TE610E(same bike, just the enduro version). These things are pretty bullet proof and the supermoto model should be more so since it isn't ridden in the muck. The main thing is that it's jetted properly for the pipe. The valves stay pretty much in spec, just change the oil and ride it. I want to build some supermoto wheels for my 610. I have no idea on price, find someone in the bike business with a NADA or Kelly book. Good Luck,

Norman

Thanks alot...that's what I'm lookin for. I'm gonna go look at it this weekend and I'll let ya know what happens

Thank

Wolf

I have a 2000 te610ee same bike except for the wheels and brakes. I have an Uptite pipe on mine and once I got Mr. Dellorto jetted right it runs great. I havent had a problem yet. Just keep the oil clean and check the valves once in a while. I had to stiffen up the forks to keep the front end from diving when using the front brake real hard. price wise I would guess about 3500. Buy it, you won't be sorry.

Hope this helps

Mikey