Sign in to follow this  

Wheel chock

They work great. I have one in my trailer and I wouldn't have to use tie-downs but I still do just for peace of mind (My bike fell off of our trailer last year and since then we've bought an enclosed. :thumbsup: )

Yep, they work great. I use tie downs without compressing the suspension as a back up. If your going to leave them outside then remove the plastic caps and fill the tubing with the spray type expandable foam insulation. If you don't they will get water inside and rust. Also, check ebay, I purchased one new for $50. Not as good of quality as the one your looking at but I've been using it this season without any problems.

IMO, I would definitely get a high-quality one if you plan on using it without tie-downs as a backup. The foam insulation setup sounds like a good idea! :thumbsup:

I also have an enclosed trailer.Is my bike going to fall over inside the trailer w/o tie downs or are you guy just being cautious?

I also use one I got of ebay from www.bikeboot.com. His prices on the web range from $69.95-89.95 but I got mine from him on ebay for $39.95+SH.

MVC-003S.JPG

I think it is every bit as good as the $95.00 and I got two for ~$90.00. I use it on an open trailer and have had no problems. I do run tie downs as security but I don't "cinch" them up very tight.

I will be filling mine with foam this weekend. What exact product have you used and where do you get it?

Is my bike going to fall over inside the trailer w/o tie downs or are you guy just being cautious?

Just being cautious, but my trailer isn't enclosed. I didn't want my bikes yard sale'd all over the highway.

I will be filling mine with foam this weekend. What exact product have you used and where do you get it?

I don't recall the exact name, but it comes in a red can with a yellow cap at Home Depot. It's an expandable foam insulating spray for gaps and cracks. Keep some rags close by when using it, it gets messy and once it dries it won't come off.

The foam insulator is called GREAT STUFF and is a couple bucks a can at Lowe's or Home Depot. One can will do more than several chocks with excess.

It might just be me but doesnt it look like this one could not work to well? 125boot0003.jpg

But then if you look at the one above this with the 80 on it the shoe goes back farther to make sure the bike doesnt go back.Would the 125 version still work as good?

It might just be me but doesnt it look like this one could not work to well? 125boot0003.jpg

But then if you look at the one above this with the 80 on it the shoe goes back farther to make sure the bike doesnt go back.Would the 125 version still work as good? It looks like it would just rip the knobs off the front tire.

But then if you look at the one above this with the 80 on it the shoe goes back farther to make sure the bike doesnt go back.Would the 125 version still work as good? It looks like it would just rip the knobs off the front tire.

Its funny, I thought exactly the same thing about the one in this picture (Bike Shoe) before I got one. It works great. I have an enclosed trailer, but I've never used extra tie downs and haven't had a problem. I just strap the rear wheel to the floor.

If you look at the strap that grips the front wheel closest to the fork, it is pulling the wheel down and forward almost at the same angle as a pair of tie straps would.

The other one (BikeBoot) pulls the wheel forward into the framework and is held down by the curve in the framework. Possibly just as effective, but definitely different.