Sign in to follow this  

Saturday Oquirrh Mountain ride

I think Iwas up there back on the 4th of July in 2001. My friends live in Tuwella? Utah. :thumbsup: If so let me know. Thanks

It's fall in Utah. The trees are changing fast. It's great riding weather. I think Kenecott is a strip mine. It provides 50% of the worlds copper. That's what I was told anyway. It is visible from space. It is an easy ride. I took my wife with me on her ATV. If she can make it, anyone can.

It is an extremly easy ride. You could probably drive your car up there. To get there you get on Bangeter Highway and go to 126000 south. At 126000 intersection you should see a LDS church west of the intersection. Turn west at that intersection. Stay on that road going towards the mountains. At one point the road will go to a gated community. Do not go to the gatted community. the road gradually turns right. Keep following it. Shortly after that the road turns right. Do not turn right and follow the road. you will notice straight ahead at the turn there is a road going straight towards the mountains. Keep going straight. Once you go over the road turning right you will see a road turning left with a metal gate in front of it. Dont go that way. Keep going straight. Infact next to that gate is where my Wife and I unloaded her ATV and my bike. We rode them on the street from that point. You dont need to do that. The road is paved for about another mile. You want to keep going west ( straight ) on that road and keep following it. After a mile it turns into a dirt road. Some points are rocky and bumpy but not too bad. Soon you will get to the top of a hill. The road keeps going straight but starts heading down. That just goes down the mountain to Tooele. There is a right hand turn. There are cement barriers on the left side and a small parking lot. Turn right and follow that road. It goes for about 3/4 of a mile and ends at the top of the mountain. It looks straight into Kennecott.

I hope this helps. I am doing it from memory. I think I remember that the entrence to that trail is on the way to the dumps from the south also. The same road.