frame stains

I ride in South Georgia. It is hot and humid here. The sweat from my head runs down my helmet strap and has made streaks on my frame. Has anyone else had the same problem? I was able to get some of it off by using a small wire brush and Westley's Bleach White whitewall cleaner. I am afraid to use uncoated Mag wheel cleaner. I think it will turn the frame chalk white. Please give me your thoughts and thanks! I did search...all honda areas and nothing!

Marshall

very clean..yea i have been using rim cleaner its pretty good it doesnt leave marks if you spray it hose it and wipe it..but it hink im going to switch to simple green just to be on the safer side...You use the recomended scotch brite in the manual right?

I've been using white wall tire cleaner on my X since it was new. After approx. 20 thorough cleanings, I see no ill effects from the solution which I use in combination with a bristle brush. Applied with a spray bottle, I find it particularly useful for cleaning the engine and wheel hubs which are not easy to reach with a sponge. As long as the cleaner is rinsed off after use I doubt there will be any harm to the aluminum.

Do you ride that bike?

Yes I do. And after every ride all the plastic comes off, I clean the entire bike with a brush and simple green and then I Scotchbrite the aluminum and then I rewash it with Turtle wax car wash for that Hard Shell finish. ?

You would be suprised every time I get back it is completely covered with mud, dirt, dust whatever. I just know that a clean bike is as important as changing the oil and repacking the bearings. It is all Preventive.

Thank you all for sharing your cleaning processes/materials used. What color scotchbrite are you using? Green? There are many different grades of coarseness annotated by color (i.e. brown, white, pink, etc.) I will read my manual better. ha ha

I tried using the green one for my first time yesterday, and it looks like it kind of scratched the frame a little becuase it is too coarse. do i need to keep rubbing? or use a different color?

Don't be afraid to rub it, the scratches will go away. Just make sure you go lengthwise on the frame spars.