Sign in to follow this  

when will the '05s hit the dealers

The USA website still is not updated for the '05s. I know that the euros are on a some what diffrent schedule, but the .it site has been updated for a few months now.

I am really leaning towards the TE for my new 450 so I'm itching to see one.

Also is there anyone here that has experiance with Fast by ferracci, they are my closest dealer?

thanks

As I understand the press intro is in about 6 weeks and the bike released shortly after that. My best estimate would be about 8 weeks.

Merlinn

In Belgium (europe) they are delivering the '05 TE510 already ! Of course, we have to pay them a lot more than you guys.

Anyway, they look great :thumbsup:, but I don't understand why they had to change all the plastic parts :awww: Next year, my '04 TE450 won't be worth a penny :devil:

Anyway, they look great :awww:, but I don't understand why they had to change all the plastic parts :thumbsup: Next year, my '04 TE450 won't be worth a penny :lol:

O.k. just to get the rumor mill brewing, the '05 plastic will fit the '04's. BUT!!! you have to have all of it: Tank, rads, lower rads, side plates, seat.

Sat on an 05' last week. It is Much wider at the tank. It feels like the '04 with the big tank on And the seat is wider all over. :devil:

I went to the site that kleualle linked to in the above post and noticed the 05 TE450 is listed at 255lbs. I know listed weights are hardly ever accurate but the 04s are only listed at 237lbs. The 05s couldn't be 18lbs heavier could they?

O.k. just to get the rumor mill brewing, the '05 plastic will fit the '04's. BUT!!! you have to have all of it: Tank, rads, lower rads, side plates, seat.

Sat on an 05' last week. It is Much wider at the tank. It feels like the '04 with the big tank on And the seat is wider all over. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the rumor started right here :devil:. I know I'm going to be speaking to the dealer in January to see if it's true and price everything up. Looking at the frame it looks the same and it would save on development and spares if mose of the '04 stuff fits the '05 bike.

Now what do you think the chances of getting hold of an alloy Centennial tank are?

I went to the site that kleualle linked to in the above post and noticed the 05 TE450 is listed at 255lbs. I know listed weights are hardly ever accurate but the 04s are only listed at 237lbs. The 05s couldn't be 18lbs heavier could they?

The Italian site lists the weight as wet weight. I wonder if the US site is listing dry weight. That could account for the difference.

Anybody know?