Sign in to follow this  

answer this if you can

Ive been fine tuning this 250f with a stroker 320 in it. Ive bought got it jetted right i think? The deal is that if i stall out my bike i have to hold it at full throttle and hold the decomp lever and kick it 3 to 5 times and then start right up with the hot start out.I really dont know what to do next.I got a 45pj 175mj and the screw two turns out.im in mo please help if you can.....

Thats fairly typical of a stalled 4-stroke. May not be a problem jetting.

If you have a decomp lever I am assuming you have an 01 or 02. You might think about the 03/04/05 autodecomp exhaust cam. Still a little harder to start after a stall but easier than manual decomp.

just proposing a theory here...the hot start circuit is allowing more cold air into the intake tract, the WOT is allowing more cold air into the tract after 3-5 kicks of cold air. Maybe the bike is REAL warm, especially with the big bore kit.

Just a guess here.

Good call SUnruh. I didn't see that. Yeah, I agree, try a smaller PJ.

By holding the throttle and decomp and kicking through you are simply clearing excess fuel out the carb venturi. Therefor "unflooding" it. It usually takes 10-15 kicks after dumping it but after a stall 3-5 is probably adequate.