Sign in to follow this  

ASV levers

Hi all I am looking at buying some asv levers for my WR250 ,Do any of you guys use these levers and are they worth the dollars ? :thumbsup:

ASV Front Brake Lever (All Late Model Japanese Motorcycles)

ASV Pro Model Clutch Lever, w/ Pro Perch with Hot Start Thumb Lever/Quick Adjust Blue Shorty ( 1" Shorter than your stock lever)

ASV Rotator Clamp Universal Blue

IT depends on how good of a rider you are. If you are good and you don't crash much than probably not. they are seventy american dollars for one lever. you would have to break seven levers in order to break even. But if you are a beggining rider than probably yes. I have already broken five levers and I've only riddin for four months. IDK you decide but I would say they are worth it. they do have a five year garrantee

I've been riding for 31 years ,LOL guess I'm not a bigginer of sorts ...I used to race MX in the late 80's early 90's .

Now days I ride for recreational perps .

And do a little enduro riding ...

:thumbsup:

i'm a pretty good rider, but i do crash sometimes. so far i have had my bike for 3 months and have gone through 3 clutch levers. i switched to asv now. they are un-breakable. if you crash frequently, get the asv levers.

The 04 WR250 comes with an ASV-style brake lever. I replaced the clutch lever with the ASV CLM-07, because the last thing I want, is to be miles from the truck and break a lever.

you could also buy bark busters i know there not cool in mx but they do a good job

That was my solution. :devil: I got tired or replacing the levers every couple of weeks, not to mention it would cut my riding day short when I broke them.

Bode (not cool with barkbusters :thumbsup:)

IT depends on how good of a rider you are. If you are good and you don't crash much than probably not. they are seventy american dollars for one lever. you would have to break seven levers in order to break even. But if you are a beggining rider than probably yes. I have already broken five levers and I've only riddin for four months. IDK you decide but I would say they are worth it. they do have a five year garrantee

I believe he is talking about the C/5 lever which is actually 125+5 for shorty I believe. I to plan on buying that one except in red to make it really stand out on the black T2's. I wont be buying it right away though, maybe for x-mas. My first priority is rad guards, just to get that threat out of the way. Break a lever and its 10 bucks, break a rad and its much more then that so thats why im going with rad guards first.

ASV levers are a good choice because the have a five year warrenty on them. asv will replace them if bent or broke for five years. the stock brake lever on the wr is not an asv lver. it only pivots because the is how you adjust the distance from it to the handle bar.It will not fully bend back.

ASV levers are a good choice because the have a five year warrenty on them. asv will replace them if bent or broke for five years. the stock brake lever on the wr is not an asv lver. it only pivots because the is how you adjust the distance from it to the handle bar.It will not fully bend back.

Your right it is the C/5 levers I was looking at and bought .

Plus the Rotator clamps , I bought them for the trick looking factor ease of adjustment and strength .

C/5 PRO MODEL Clutch with 4-STROKE (HOT START)

C/5 UNIVERSAL Front Brake Lever

:thumbsup: Now the long wait

I'm saving for the shorty clutch lever and the brake lever. I talked to my local dealer and they said they did have 1 warranty return and ASV didn't ask any questions about how the lever was damaged, they simply sent a replacement. :devil:

BTW, according to them the actual lever didn't break the mounting clamp bent a little. :thumbsup:

There are different warranties on the levers.

The C5 is the top of the line with a 5 year warranty. They can come with the ProPerch and hotstart features. The levers use to be thicker than stock, now they are the thinner size.

The F3 are the colored ones, 3 year warranty. Basically using the c5 perches with the F1 levers.

The F1s are polished only and come with a 1 year warranty.

Word is that after the dealer show in september, the F3s will come in a 2 pack with 1 brake and one clutch lever for around $75 retail. You may want to hold out another month.