Sign in to follow this  

Jetting '05 RMZ250

Has anyone re-jetted their '05 RMZ250?

I raced my new bike for the first time this weekend (harescramble) and had all kinds of problems w. stalling the bike pulling out of 1st or being geared up too high and not giving enough throttle on hills and stalling. I also had a really hard time getting it restarted after stalling it. Possibly 15-20 kicks on at least 2 occasions!?!

I saw some of the jetting recommendations for the '04s, but I wasn't sure what all they changed on the '05s and if the same settings would work.

Check the intake valve clearances. Does the motor have good strong compression? It may be the jetting, but if compression is week it is probably valve clearance. I would be interested in knowing if the 05 model comes from the factory with correct valve clearances. I never checked my 04 when it was new, but rarely had starting issues.

Unfortunately you will probably incounter the same thing that I have with my 04 kxf.

Good luck!

No worries mate. Just go 1 larger on the pilot and turn the idle up. This will help with starting,help prevent stalling and reduce the engine breaking effect.

Oh ya...install a kick starter off a KX125 as well......really helps in the starting department.

Cheers.

Buc.

We run a 42 pilot and richer needle with a 165 or 168 main, fuel screw is between 1 3/4 and 2 turns out depending on the weather and temps. Pro Circuit sells a kit to remove the back fire screen, with the screen gone you also get better air flow and better perf. Always clean your air filter, very important to a long life with your 4 stroke!