Sign in to follow this  

Greatest Bike Ever/Valve Update.......

So earlier this week I did my usual pre-race routine, oil change (tranny and motor + filter), lube the chain and make sure the tension was ok, put in a clean filter, my rear tire was shot so picked up a S12, also drained the distilled water (from racing SM) out and put in Engine Ice. Made a couple jetting changes and since it had been about 5 hours I checked the valve clearances... Oh no my Rt intake was at 0... AHHHHHH... I went to the local dealer and picked up a shim put it all back together and it had .004 clearance.

Headed out yesterday, Saturday and signed up, racing the 4-stroke C class like always. This season was all confident due to the fact I wasnt on my 230 anymore. Pull onto the line and I was the only 250, in fact the smallest bike in my class aside from mine was a Huqvarna 400. Now I was extremely nervous and definately thinking I was gonna be the last one into the corner. When the gun went off I hit the magic button and dumped the clutch, the front end came up about a foot in the air and didnt go down till the first corner I was in the lead, took a look around and didnt see anyone, waiting to see 450's go sprinting by me and they didnt. I was in utter shock, my mind was thinking trophy and i got a little ahead of myself, went through the first corner fast, it was a left handed sweeper so I had the bike nice and side ways, the second corner was a tight rt, and I was so excited that I got my 1st ever holeshot I wasnt thinking straight, genious me stalls the bike. After the whole pack passed me started again and made my way up, catching people left and right. All in all did decent in the race finishing about midpack (thats good for me).

Sorry for the long write up but I am ultra stoked about getting my first ever holeshot, now I need to start working out so I can keep up with the bike for a 1.5 hour race because it keeps wanting me to ride it faster and faster.

awesome..congratz on your first holeshot..i start racing in april(thats when the local racing starts up again at Englsihtown Raceway Park).. Man with these valves..i just rode my bike four times its practially new and the exhasut valves are off ..i'm guessing becasue of break in..I heard they can shift during that time

The X is no wussie bike for sure. My buddy is always talking about his 250 2-stroke power, RM250 that is. Well, this weekend we drag raced and I pulled a bike length on him in the first 3 gears and held it till I was pegged. He couldn't believe the little thumper just wooped his big bad RM. :thumbsup::devil::awww::lol::D

heres some pics from the race. my gf took them, shes a horrible photographer but oh well.....

Here is me on some random trail section, way tired and in horrible form....

inscan.jpg

here is a shot off a little jump, landed and rollin on the throttle..... landed.jpg

This is a pic of me taking off on my 3rd lap from getting scanned.... scan.jpg

As I said earlier in the post I had reshimmed and was off to the races. Everyone said once they start moving they wont stop so jsut to replace the valve. I didnt have the luxery so I went to the race and ran it. Went on 2 trail rides after that. Totaling about 5-6 rough hours since reshimming. I pulled the valve cover off earlier today expecting it to be at 0 clearance but to my suprise the valve hadnt moved since I shimmed it (knock on wood). Still at the identical .004 since reshimming. Just thought I would throw this out there. Hopefully it wont move again till Kibblewhite releases the SS valves. :cry:

Count yourself lucky!! Would strongly suggest checking every other ride or so to be sure.

And yes, we hope your's make it till the SS valves. :cry:

Cheers! - rb

Just an FYI Kibblewhite is still saying late this month or early next month. Today being the 21st, possibly within the next two weeks? Not holding my breath.

Yeah I am not either. Seems like everything is running way behnd schedule lately. Are you guys planning on replacing all 4 valves or jsut the intakes?

For me it'll depend on whether or not my exhaust valves hold to spec after reshimming. I'll likely do both intakes but leave the exhaust (for now).

Will the spring kit have springs for all four?

I called KW yesterday, and the engineer guy said that product should be available either the first or second week of October. Wonder if they are getting tired of the calls from TT members?!? :cry:

Hey ColdCase where do you normally ride at? I am from Sacto, should meet up and go ride sometime.

I'm in Lincoln this year, Folsom next. I ride up in the hills - all the usual spots. I usually tag along on other rides posted in the SW forum. I ride with Ktown & Delbuort mostly. As you know, Delbuort is also going through the valve fun, and has walked me through most of the process thus far.

I'm going to try to reshim this week as I have time - unless the rt. valve/seat is too bad, then I'm waiting for the KW package. But YES, after bike is running, lets ride.

:cry: