Sign in to follow this  

Eating Right

Ive searched for a while and thought i found something but forgot it and cant find it again. Im wondering what i should eat to stay in shape. Im in weight lifting in school but i want to loose weight or at least replace any fat weight with muscle.Im not fat but im not super built either. I want to know what to eat for breakfast,lunch,dinner and anythign inbetween. Should i have a snack before i go workout? Would eating salad at school be good since like everythign else isnt exaclty best for a diet? My main goal is to be strong but as light as i can at the same time. Id rather weight more and be stronger though. What im trying to say is what should i eat that will help me build muscle but lose fat at the same time? Are there any exercises i should do to train for MX? Right now i basically do bench, curls, some leg workouts, and just other similar arm workouts to those too but say like dumbell instead of barbell. The class insnt too long. By the time we are dressed out we have maybe 30min to workout.

Oh yea and im thinkign about gettin some protein bars or drinks. Is this a good idea? What works best?

You want to be in shape? Pick up a copy of Triathlete magazine or go onto their website, more training info than you could possibly imagine. For what to eat get the Glycemic Index. Aim for 10-12% body fat. Most important of all, don't train hard. By that I mean be very careful to not overtrain, it is too easy to start out like a rocket and burn out very quickly. There is no way to increase muscle or burn fat quickly short of drugs, and I shouldn't have to tell you thats a no no :thumbsup: A world class athlete can only put on 2 lbs of muscle a month any more than that and they are cheating. Good luck, take your time and keep it fun.