Sign in to follow this  

Broken Toe 300 Was Fantastic! - Photos Added -

Rode Cisco's Broken Toe 300 this weekend, and the first thing I must say is:

Cisco and Sharpie1

:snore::awww::lol: :lol: :awww::lol::D :D :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

You guys really know how to put a ride together. First class people, first class roll charts, first class support, first class ride. :thumbsup:

It was a really fun ride, and although most of the single track was closed due to high fire danger, the route was excellent. :devil:

It was great meeting everyone, although I really couldn't tell you who was who, maybe Cisco can put a list of names, TT names, and what kind of bike together for me. Thanks to Skinner and GaryC for riding with me both days, and nice to finally meet Fryboy, I didn't know it was you until I asked Cisco, "which one was Fryboy?" this afternoon. :D

I'll let someone else go into more detail on the ride if they want (those train tunnels were really cool), and I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Tim Sharp (Sharpie1) White DRZ

Scott Burton (desmo) XR650

Mike Burton (norcalmike) Blue DRZ

Steve Juliano (sjuliano) KTM450EXC

Dave Fry (Fryboy) WR

Mike Myers (Mike In Roseville) KTM520

Dan Henry (no TT name) WR

John Dangberg(no TT name)KTM520

Warren Weikel (Recon) blue DRZ (didnt finish :D)

Jonathan Renner (Skinner) XR600

Gary Crawshaw (garyc) DR350

Duane Brown (Kawidual) KLX400

Dave Poston (Dposton) KLX400

Charlie (Tims friend no TT name) XR400

Dale Mazorow (Trickdualsport) KTM450EXC

Rich Craig (Dales 2stroking bud) KTM300 :D

Greg Brown (Dales other bud) KTM400EXC

Steve Lumley (2wheels) DRZ400

ME (CISCO) DRZ400

You (OldeDude) KTM SCSEXC somthingorother :lol:

I wanted to thank ALL of you for showing up and enjoying the ride. I enjoy watching you all have a great time. I had a BLAST too! Even at midnight there was action when Boomtowns fire alarm went off and I ran into the hall in my briefs to see what was happening :lol:

Tim Sharp and my wife are just as integral to this ride as me. I thank them one hundred percent.

So Ill leave the stories to the riders. Glad you all had fun. Planning for next years ride begins this fall. It wil be in JUNE and have MORE single track options and just as much fun.

You guys are great :thumbsup: And thanks :devil: for spotting dinner and the beers :D:awww:

I take it this was most peoples favorite spot

DSC00043.JPG

Thanks for the list, that helps a lot.

:devil:

And someone should knock me upside the head for not including thanks to your wife in my first post. :thumbsup:

It was a great time meeting everyone. I will try to post pics tomorrow if I get time.

Your wife is great but next year you dont get my emergency contact, you know what Im talkin' about Zac, thanks buddy! :thumbsup::devil::awww:

time to rename the ride to the "broken radius at the wrist 125"

xray shows a crack in the radius near the wrist. Still, nice meeting you all, thanks for the ace bandage rich. thanks again to zak & donna for hosting. i had a great time until my fly over the handle bars trick. i'll watch out for the helmet sized boulders next time. no caps left hand typing only.

cheers, till the wrist heals and the next ride.

Scott

Let's see, Zac named it "Broken Toe" for something that happened last year, and this year there was a broken wrist and a broken shoulder.

How about "The Broken Bones 300", with no more broken bones except in the name from now on. :devil:

Desmo and Recon13, hope you guys have quick recoveries. :thumbsup:

I was in Sacramento on Thursday meeting with the OHV comission people. Dale was going to bring my bike up so I could meet him and do the ride. I thought it was too much to do in a week. Now I'm kicking myself! Did you see those pics of the scenery??? Holy cow! :thumbsup:

Zak, awesome ride can't wait until next year. Nice sandbag for Tim. I guess she should have gone drinking with my wife.

"Thanks to Skinner and GaryC for riding with me both days, and nice to finally meet Fryboy, I didn't know it was you until I asked Cisco, "which one was Fryboy?" this afternoon."

Hey Oldedude,

It was great to finally meet you too. I figured which one was you but didn't know for sure until I asked Cisco. Funny huh? we talked a few times during the day and didn't even know it. :thumbsup: can't wait to ride Elkins with you sometime soon.

Fryboy

Well, I have ridin' with a few of these names and it looks like we all had a great time Except for the "Broken stuff" :thumbsup: The pic are great and I'm jealous!! looks like fun!...............woody :devil:

Sorry I could'nt be there but still hopeing for a route chart from CISCO so I can try and connect my route from Sonoa to Tahoe into his route and a route back for a possible 500 mile sierra ride :devil:. What a awesome ride that would be!!!!. :thumbsup:

Great ride guys, thanks to Tim & Zac for putting it together. Sorry to hear about

the cracked wrist Desmo, also sorry to hear Warren didnt make the rest fo the trip

after he smashed his shoulder.

The train tunnels above Donner where great & the double track after that is a fun route

into Truckee that Im sure Ill use again.

Sorry I didnt get to ride the return with you guys but I headed into Reno then

blazed up the Mt Rose Highway to my buddies in incline.

Was nice meetin all you guys, had a great time, hope we can do this yearly, great stopover.

Damn that fire alarm, made me come back down & gamble more...

Lost $80 playing craps, made $60 of it back playing texas holdem.

Thanks to the guys & gals @ Thin Air moto for the burger & hotdog lunch, nice bike

shop they got upthere.

:devil::thumbsup::awww:

"made $60 of it back playing texas holdem."

Duane,

was doin' alright till you showed up :snore: glad we could help you get some of your money back :thumbsup: After you and everyone else at the table broke us, it was finally time to hit the hay. What was it, like 3am :lol:

Want to say I had a great time ridin' with everyone :awww: Zac, you put on a totally awesome event for us :devil: Special thanks go out to Tim Sharp and TahoMoto for allowin me to ride with you guys( and havin' the patience ta wait for a guy who hasn't ridden offroad in years) :awww:

The variety of terra firma we rode was nothin' less than incredible: from the fire roads and blacktop with some of the nicest views anywhere to challenging singletrack that wasn't fit to ride a mountain bike on, much less a dualsport(still tryin' ta figure out how I managed to stay upright, especially that last section of rocky off-camber canyon washout singletrack into BoomTown) :D Goin' through those train tunnels was one of the highlights of the ride for sure :D Blazin' up a couple of rocky rutted slippery hillclimbs on our way into Nevada was also a blast!

The hospitality at Thin Air Moto in Truckee was second to none :lol: Great to know there's a place close by you can go to get parts and accessories for your bike. Would highly recommend them if your up ridin' in the Truckee area. Great job with the BBQ guys!

Lookin' forward to more dualsport rides in the future, especially this one next year :lol: It was nice havin' a chance to ride with everyone. Warren, tough break with the shoulder. I know you would of had a great time. next year for sure :lol:

Zac and Tim, thanks again for putting together a great ride.

Zac, please thank your wife for her hard work and also thank her for offerin' to let my gal hang out with her Sat. :D

Dave

nice photos.

I've got an update on the wrist. I went in to the docs' today. XRay shows normal. Probably no broken bones, still in short/thumb cast, still lots of swelling, will re x-ray in 10 days. I feel worse for Recon. Hope you get better soon Recon. I tell you what, Next year you get some fresher tires, and I'll watch out for boulders.

Thanks for the well wishes and thanks to Zak/Donna for haulin my ass & the BRP home.

Scott

All I can say is :thumbsup:...

Damn that brake pad!

I'm happy to see that everybody, well almost everybody, had a great time. I wish a speedy recovery to those that were injured on route.

You think using the work "broken" in the name of the ride might be bad luck Zac? Just a thought... :devil:

Blazin' up a couple of rocky rutted slippery hillclimbs on our way into Nevada was also a blast!

You got that right! Those rocky hillclimbs had me lookin like this. :thumbsup:

Of course so did just about everything else on the ride. :devil: