Sign in to follow this  

headlight for ttr 125

I have a 2003 Yamaha TTR 125.Can I put a head light on this? If i can I want to be able to turn it on and off and everything.Also if I can have on on here then about how much will it cost?

If you have the E model all you have to do is get a wiring harness and light. Baja Designs makes a kit for this and the cost varies depending on what you want. If you do not have electric start you need to have your stator wound, get a wiring harness, and regulator. Another option(this is what I did), purchase a stator for the E model (approx. $130)get a harness w/ regulator and switch from Baja Designs($79), slap on a headlight and your good to go. Since I have the L model w/ the E stator the guys at Baja typed up some great intructions on how to wire it all up. The kit inluded everything I needed and it was easy to do. The only problem I'm having is low light output because I'm running the Acerbis DHH headlight and the stator isn't pumping quite enough juice to light them both up real well. If I onlt turn on one it light just fine.

you dont need a harness just the wires to power the light. if its an emergency only light you can tap into a hot wire coming from the battery with a switch

I just want a light so in the woods i can see a little better.Just like four wheelers have theirs u can just flip a switch high or low beam and you can ride in a little darker places.What would I need for this?& again how much is it going to cost(aprox.)

I paid $24.95 for my 3 position & kill switch(off, low beam, high beam, and has kill sw built in) I highly recommend calling Dan @ Baja. The # is 800-422-5292 ext.101

He can answer ANY questions you may have. The website is

www.bajadesigns.com

The only problem I'm having is low light output because I'm running the Acerbis DHH headlight and the stator isn't pumping quite enough juice to light them both up real well. If I onlt turn on one it light just fine.

My new CRF250X does this also - actually it runs lower when it's running at idle, then picks up. It was a bit strange after being used to my WR250 light but I think I'll get used to it. I decided to keep the WR also (nice wife). BTW, I was on the Manastash on the WR250 (funny yellow graphics and Honda gear....)

isnt that because it has a...oh i cant remember the word but its like a converter. it converts the energy when youre going so you dont use the battery and it produces more energy than the light. but when youre stopped, theres nothing to convert into energy so it runs on the light

Yeah, I've heard on the CRF the light doesn't run off the battery and just runs off the stator. Kind of like this setup you would run the TTR. Of course, my WR doesn't have a battery and it stays the same intensity (or close) even when it's idling so it must have a better stator.