Sign in to follow this  

When you think about a 4-stroke...

..do you think of...

A motor with a lot of low end torque with a easy, gentel powerband. A motor with low maintance. Only needing a oil change and such every once and a while. Something that would crawl up a wall if gravity would let you. Not needing anything but aircooling with maybe a oil cooler to keep the temp down.

Or do you think of a motor that screams like a two stroke. Hard hitting powerband, horsepower in the upper rpm range. Rebuilds as common as the 2 stroker. Light weight motor. Most of the time liquid cooled to keep the temp down.

Please put what you think. Also put the kind of bike you have. :thumbsup:

put it this way..would you rather do alot of maitnence on a two stroke or do alot of maitnence on a four stroke and go faster than the two stroke.....Both bike have there share of maitnence

put it this way..would you rather do alot of maitnence on a two stroke or do alot of maitnence on a four stroke and go faster than the two stroke.....Both bike have there share of maitnence

Yes sir you are correct

When I think 4 stroke I think... thump thump thump thump...

When I think 2 stroke I imagine a real high pitched - WEEEEEEEEEEWEWWEEEWZZZZEEEEEZZEEZEEZZWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

some 4 strokes out there are capable of doing both. :thumbsup:

my new WR has that low end growl that would climb a brick wall without breathing hard, and when I want it it has the high reving power to fly across a field.

All bikes need maintenance... the number of strokes doesnt make much difference there.

When I think about a four stroke...I get a tingly feeling.

You are a dirty girl. hehehe (or is that just me?) :thumbsup:

Or do you think of a motor that screams like a two stroke. Hard hitting powerband, horsepower in the upper rpm range. Rebuilds as common as the 2 stroker. Light weight motor. Most of the time liquid cooled to keep the temp down.

Something like that... :thumbsup:

When I think about them I always think of the future. I want an atomically-poered engine that runs on water.

In the meantime I'll settle for one of these:

M1030M1 Diesel Combat Motorcycle

This is no wimpy bike with a converted diesel generator for an engine. This is a high performance enduro bike that will run over 100 mph, revs to 7000 rpm and will climb the proverbial "brick wall"

The engine was designed in part by Dr.Stuart McGuigan of the Royal Military College of Science at Cranfield, UK and has been further developed to it's current performance level by HDT and F1 Engineering

The feasability study and the first concept model was based on the Kawasaki KLR 650 gasoline motorcycle engine, however the production diesel engine is built from the ground up by HDT and F1 Engineering

The engine configuration is a liquid cooled, normally aspirated, 584cc (36 cu in) double overhead cam single with four valves per cylinder. Diesel fuel supply is through a special Fuel Injection unit and single injector developed for the engine by Advanced Diesel Injection of San Diego. It currently develops 34 bhp at 5500 rpm and produces power between 1500 and 7000 rpm

The engine has multi-fuel compatibility and can use;

a) Commercial Diesel Fuels, including low sulfer fuels, such as CARB Diesel

:thumbsup: NATO Military Spec Diesel Fuel

c) Bio-Diesel

d) Aviation Kerosene including JP4, JP5, JP8, and AVTR

e) Kerosene

HDT20Diesel20Engine.jpg

The scary thing about a diesel motorbike is that if you bash the injectors you get very high pressure diesel shooting all over the shop.