Sign in to follow this  

about to install paddle tire...

yeah so i just ordered my paddle tire from chaparral. here are the specs.

Cheng Shin Sand Pro

6-Paddle Tire

100/90-19

is it hard to install? i have never installed a tire before (i know, sad huh?)...but i want to know if this is a job i can tackle on my own or if i should take it to my dealer and have them install it. and if so, how much can i expect to pay? any help is appreciated.

Get some tires, put the tires in the sun to get them warm, and make sure you break the bead all the way around first. It's not too hard to change tires. Oh...and make sure you put it on the right rotation direction way. :thumbsup:

Ever hear the story about,

A buddy called and said, you want to go to the dunes? It's a spur of the moment deal, Wanta go?

Sure!

OK, we'll be at your place to pick you up in about 45 min's.

The guy races to the garage to get his stuff together, then looks at his bike and thinks, yeah I got time.

Feverishly he tears the rear wheel off, breaks the tire down, grabs the old paddle off the wall, throws it on the rim & as he's starts to airs it up, looks at his watch and thinks hahahahah plenty of time. As he's holding the tire in place and sliding the axel in his buddies walk in the garage and start to laugh & laugh & laugh.

Nope,,, don't know the guy. :thumbsup:

Spread a little baby powder inside the tire so the tube doesn't get pinched and spray the beads with W D 40, it'll slip right off/on. Make sure you tighten up your rim lock correctly. There's a cool plastic rim protector available that slips onto the edge of your rim so it doesn't get nicked by the tire irons too.