Sign in to follow this  

Keihin Carb question

If its already been upgraded to the FCR39 then you are good to go. Thats the carb you want for sure. Just needs to be setup well and it Rips. :thumbsup:

You might want to look into a JD jet kit if you want smoother throttle response and better power roll on. Makes quite a difference.

I have the ti-mid and silencer installed and all is good, but I've been told that when the ti-powerbomb header gets installed on Tues, that I will have to re-jet anyway. is this true?

Test it and then tune if needed.

Always try it as it is before making changes. Cause if you change it before you start it and you have to change it back you just changed it 2 times for nothing. You may have too. You may not. I dont think the new header is gonna make that much diff on your jetting. :thumbsup:

I have the ti-mid and silencer installed and all is good, but I've been told that when the ti-powerbomb header gets installed on Tues, that I will have to re-jet anyway. is this true?

HAve you done the other mods? 3x3 Jetting, Cams?

I got an extra lift in the low end from the Power Now

Jsuhr is right...

There is alot of things to do if your bike doesn't already have it done.

The S model has these weaknesses over the E model :

- milder cams

- BSR36 carb ( yours is FCR39 now so your good there )

- Thicker cylinder base gasket to decrease compression ratio

- Smaller Headpipe diameter

Those things make quite a difference alone.

As jsuhr mentioned if the snorkel is still on your airbox rip it out and cut a 3"x3" hole and rejet the bike.

As jsuhr mentioned if the snorkel is still on your airbox rip it out and cut a 3"x3" hole and rejet the bike.

Snorkel...I dont think its there anymore..?..

But I have never looked or even know where to look.

Ahhh big hole = lots of good fresh air. :devil:

Now check your base gasket. One or 2 of the corners at the bottom of the cylinder the gasket sticks out. Does it have a brass rivet thing on it through a hole? If so thats a stock S gasket. Its thicker than the E and lowers compression a little.

Changing to the thinner E one is good for just a lil bit more power too if your up to taking your motor apart. You have to change rings and head gasket too while your at it.

Also do some searches about MCCT in the forum. I think everyone will agree you should put one on. :thumbsup: