Sign in to follow this  

Pics and a vid.

Pics first... I rode around with my digital camera in my mouth, snapping pictures as I went. It takes talent. .. actually they're all from the video.. But I did do that with a digi cam once. :devil:

The branch hitting me sounded like a really bad folley artist recording a punching sound, or firing a gun in a video game... Like.. really.. It did.

Grabbed-Frame-15.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-14.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-13.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-12.jpg

This is a fun, long, 3rd gear turn with a natural berm of sorts...

Grabbed-Frame-4.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-5.jpg

Good ol' Florida sugar sand.. Go fast or fall down.. Or fall down while going fast.

Grabbed-Frame-6.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-7.jpg

All these are just random pictures. :thumbsup:

Grabbed-Frame-8.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-9.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-10.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-1.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-2.jpg

Grabbed-Frame-3.jpg

This is my favorite. :awww:

Grabbed-Frame-11.jpg

Crappy, compressed, edited version of the video I posted earlier..

http://www.dirtcams.com/video/quickie.avi 23mb, Divx 4.11/mp3

Squiddy,

Excellent video. What is the ground like? Some looked firm, but alot looked like several inches deep of rutted sand.

What gear where you in when you were hanging it out?

You covered those intersections very well. I blew through an intersection not too long along (lots of intersecting primitive dirt roads) and scared myself after I realized what I had just done. :thumbsup:

Do you take a cell phone for emergency help? Ever see any deer when you're out there?

The terrain's mainly pine straw or leaves over fine sand.. Or just fine sand. Not any real 'dirt', but enough loam to get some decent traction at some places. The main roads are all clay. Some places are hard as a rock, some are soft as a baby's butt.

Not sure which part of the video you mean by hanging out. :thumbsup:

Lots of dear, lots of turkey, lots of pigs. Actually hit a pig out there once.. The area's used for hunting as well. It's not rare to see an suv blast by through that intersection hauling butt. :devil: I never try to cross without slowing.

Yea, I take a cell phone.. Usually doesn't work out there, but there are military police patroling the entire place constantly, so if I were to break my leg I'd be found within a day.

So when am I going to get one of those video packages to test????????? You know I'm good for the testing!!!

Eglin is like I remember it from hiking around there.

Don :thumbsup:

Not sure which part of the video you mean by hanging out.

When you were at your fastest off road.

What happened when you hit the pig?

I'm workin on it DonO.. :devil: Working out all the molded cabling and such with mfgs... Shouldn't be too long.

Somehow I pressed the stop button right when the video ended.. Later in the ride I got so bored I just cut off into the middle of the woods and managed to closeline myself with a vine in 2nd gear. :thumbsup: I wish I had gotten it on tape.

Not sure which part of the video you mean by hanging out.

When you were at your fastest off road.

What happened when you hit the pig?

I hit the pig back in.. 2001 on the road that I crossed, where I looked both ways. I would have been coming from the right.. I was on my little dr200se wfo in 5th just as it was getting dark and hit it dead square in the torso. Flipped up, busted my headlight, hit me in the face and scrapped me off the bike.. Tumble, roll, tumble, roll, etc.. Pig ended up living. :thumbsup: Those suckers are tough.

I was in fifth after getting out of the trail and opening her up just before reaching that intersection. Probably around 75. That roads fun to blast on.

Well it's no fun if there's not a good chance to be mamed or killed. :thumbsup:

I think I would fit in well out west in the desert terrain. Same sand I'd think.

Maimed, mamed.. Potatoe, potato... :devil:

I replaced the video with a lower quality version, alot more people downloaded the ginormous file than I figured they would. :thumbsup:

Great video - kinda makes you want to go out an get a dual sport :thumbsup:

Thanks for the super quality video Squiddy :devil:

Dual sports are definately the way to go in my neck of the woods. Once I reached that gate where the caption says '2 stop signs, 1 stop light, etc' I could have just ditched off on any ol' road, but the only decent trail in that area is another 4 miles off. There's also another section to the land about 20 miles up another highway, and again, another about 10 miles up a different highway, and another decent area 40 miles in the opposite direction. All requiring tags. The one 20 miles away is by far the best trails in the area... A few technical places (rare for florida) and a few decent jumps. If Ivan doesn't tear me a new one I'll try to get some video of it next week.

Great vid, Squiddy. :thumbsup: makes me miss the long FAST trail in FL, MI is cool, but it's a totally differnt type of riding here. :awww:

BTW... I think I saw a Bigfoot in that video. :lol::D:devil:

It's a simple mpeg1 video... Shouldn't need anything special to view it. :thumbsup:

Mpeg1 is the basic video scheme... Should work with all windows systems. :devil:

I'm encoding one version in mpeg2.. Should have it up within a few hours.