Sign in to follow this  

VOR bash plate

I've been told that VOR don't do a bash plate.

I've got a 503 that I want to do a bit of green laning on. Isn't a bash plate sort of a basic requirement :thumbsup:

Not quite sure what green laning is, but here is a skidplate by Utah Sport Cycles. One of the few if not the only one on the market for VOR.

VOR Skid plate.

475f.gif

I don't have one, but a few othere here do think.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Just need to find a supplier in Europe now.

Green laning is similar to Enduro, but not on a course. It's just riding around the countryside on dirt tracks/roads (which have bee clasified for use by motor vehicles)

The English language is entertaining! Is "Green laning" the same as "Fire roading", then??!! :devil::thumbsup:

Skid plates aren't any good for off roading, they leave all the sides unprotected. I can't really see what the sides are like on that one though. I have one from http://www.whipps.com.au and it has taken three years of beatings from rocks and logs with no trouble.

That is great. There is something else for the VOR. I have a very hard time finding any aftermarket items for VOR. It looks like the Whipps is only for the 2003/2004. Anything for a 2000?

Mr_Motocross, Do you know of any other VOR aftermarket stuff?

I would love to hear about anything you know of.

I started a thread a while back about aftermarket stuff for VOR. vroom was SUPPOSED to add some things, but never did. Some hooey about being too busy. :devil:

VOR aftermarket thread

:thumbsup:

I had seen the whipps stuff, but it was based in Australia and they only listed the bash plate for the VOR 400 and 530. Mine is the 503.

Not sure about the 503 but I know they were making them for the 2002 bikes so they might have something for earlier.

Other things for the VOR.... the only thing I can think of at the moment is Staintune made exhausts for some here, I never got around to getting one because I couldn't afford it but I had one on an XR and it was really good. Not sure what's happening with them now.