Sign in to follow this  

Tube vs. ball, air vs. nitrogen

What kind of tubes is everyone running? any tire ball users out there? and what about nitrogen? Is air really "all that"?

Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty

The tire ball look good but pricey.....

Benefits are not great enough to run nitrogen (for me).

brown

Nitrogen is a total waste of money in cars and bikes. It is used in aircraft to prevent freezing, prevent moisture, does not fuel fire like air does, and is a constant grade particularly important for pnuematics.

But remember that 70% of the air we breathe is nitrogen so ya already getting it for free lol.

I have run Moose HD tubes for years ,, I think they are Metzeler tubes in the Moose racing package,,,on one intense Tecate Mexico ride I hit a sharp rock so hard it v ed a section of my rim (KTM300EXC)(Excel) ,,My tube actually was exposed along with the tire bead,,I just wrapped some tye wraps around the mess and continued riding the trail,, The HD tube never faultered use good brand name ones and you should be real safe against flats,,,I even feel comfortable running lower pressures,, for traction with out fear of flats,,good luck out there, and about N2 I agree with other guy for dirtbikes its of no use,,,now for formula 1 or moto GP I can see its value for constant temp and tire consistency,, Rob