Sign in to follow this  

Clicker settings for big boys........(another question for Burned)

I'm 220 lbs and I just got .48 front springs and gold valves/ 5.7 rear spring. I'm trying to find a sweet spot for the clickers - Here's about where I am now (this is from memory, so I'll be close...

REAR: Comp (18 out) Rebound (18 out) High Speed comp (1-1/2 turns out)

Front:Comp (10 out) Rebound (6 out).

I'm just a little confused on the actual adjustments. I totally understand compression - you just make soft until you don't bottom out. Rebound is a little trickier....I was getting my back end to kick up like a Bronco - so I've been softening it. Is this correct? Also, how do i dial in the Rebound for the front. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

sounds like you need stiffer rebound on the shock,not softer.

you want to run the compression as SOFT as you can with out constant bottoming.a few times per lap on the biggest impacts is normal.

you want to run the rebound as soft as you can with out the bike pogoing on landings or kicking up in the back.

your front settings look good as far as where you want to be.

try this for a shock setting.

high speed compression-full soft/out

low speed compression-12

rebound-10

Burned,

So if I want my front end to pop up, I would soften the rebound so the springs would do more work, correct? If this makes sense, that is just the opposite of what I was thinking....turning it soft reduces the action of the rebound, making it return faster. turning it harder makes the shock slow down, resulting in less rebound. Am I on the right track? :thumbsup: