Sign in to follow this  

where was Alessi?

Just looked through the Glen Helen results in both the 125's and 250's, No Alessi in sight in either class. Anyone know what kept him from racing? :thumbsup:

Just like McGrath, the orange bug bite him. He was testing the KTM-450 last week, crashed and broke a bone in his shoulder.

I herd the rummor he was switching back to the 125cc class. Is this a true statement? Is his contract up with Honda? I thought KTM's tent was full for the upcoming Supercross season. He looked fast in that Steel City race...loose but fast. I think he's fast enough but his size isn't. He looked like the bike was carring him for the last few laps. Why not take on Bubba and stick with his speed for a season. If anything Bubba's times will be faster than the upper classmen in the 250cc's. Big Tony must like doing it his way. I can't imagine the contract $ would be any different weither he rides one class or the other. Unless he just wants to race MC but he could just enter both classes. :thumbsup:

mike will be on the ktm sx 250f next outdoor season. he will not be racing supercross next year just the outdoor in the 125 class. he never had a contract with honda. those crf450's were not factory bikes. he went with the 250 class this time around because the talent pool was not as deep. i doubt he would have done as well in the 125 class.

i went to glen helen and was walking around and saw him, his girlfriend, and his short stubby piece of s*** dad tony. let me tell you his he is a tiny little kid. i guess he gets it from his dad. just like his obnoxious and cocky attitude

No contract with Honda? All those amature titles on Honda's. You want me to believe he paided for those bikes? It doesn't matter I guess but some Honda dealer somewhere had him under their wing I'm sure. He won't be riding this winter in the Supercross season? Thats kinda weird...you'd think at his age he would want to race as many events as possible. Oh about the talent pool in the 125's vs 250's I think you give Brown and some of the other 125 speicalist alittle too much credit. To me the age limit in the 125 class should be 25. After that move up or move on to cherry pickin your local tracks! Then the difference in talent would reflect that these guys don't move up. Due to the fact a top5 125 rider makes more $ than a 10-25 top 250 rider. I guess we should let Ezra or Albee back in at the 125 class so they can compete in front again. No doubt the young guns in the 125 class are great but I have mixed feelings about something like some oldmans comeback...Get your gloves on and duke it out with the big boys ya skirt! :thumbsup:

If he was sponsored by Honda then Honda was REALLY loose on the details that you must ride THEIR bike.

Half of his damn CRF450 was a Suzuki for Christ's sake; the trees, the forks, the front wheel and the fork guards, all Zuk equipment.

If he wasn't sponsored by honda then why did his list them as a sponsor on his website? Because he's nice and wants to give away free advertising? No. As a pro he is free to use what ever he wants because he doesn't have a contract with honda any more. If you look at his Amatuer photos, he's using honda equipment.

Amatuer

ll3gMikeBikeTrouble.jpg

pro

Alessi_1_600.jpg

he went with the 250 class this time around because the talent pool was not as deep. i doubt he would have done as well in the 125 class.

No one gives this kid any credit where credit is due. The fact that the kid podiumed in his second ever AMA pro race in the 250 class is unbelievable. Why does everyone bring up that he was in the 250 class. He rode the 250 class because that is what he rode at Loretta's. Going back to a 125 after all that time on a 250 would have been stupid. He rode a 250 all summer. Jump on a 125 that isn't what you are use to just so you can race in the 125 class. He did the smart thing, whether most of you see that or not, it was the right choice. And no talent in the 250 class is about the stupidest comment I ever heard. There is TALENT in both of those classes and the kid podiumed. Give him credit where and when it is due.

I'll be the first to say I am surprised by Alessi's finish. If not pleasantly surprised - and ESPECIALLY pleasantly surprised by his post race interview.

However, as far as the depth of talent - I do have to agree. The 250's this year seem to be all or nothing guys. You have the top 5 guys being the all around BEST, then the others are so-so guys.

Alessi's best lap time, which was I think 4th or 5th in the 250's, would have put him EIGHTH (8th), yes 8th, in the 125 class. This is him ON his 450 Honda against the 250F's and 125 2 strokes.

What does THAT tell you?

im not sure, but i think it is against the rules to have factory support as an amature. i remember some big stink with davie milsaps. people were accusing suzuki of giving him factory support.

quote: "Alessi's best lap time, which was I think 4th or 5th in the 250's, would have put him EIGHTH (8th), yes 8th, in the 125 class. This is him ON his 450 Honda against the 250F's and 125 2 strokes.

What does THAT tell you?" end quote

that exactly what i ment when i said the 250 talent pool wasnt as deep.

dont get me wrong, i think the kid has alot of talent and will probably put ktm on the podium consitantly.

im not sure, but i think it is against the rules to have factory support as an amature. i remember some big stink with davie milsaps. people were accusing suzuki of giving him factory support.

dont get me wrong, i think the kid has alot of talent and will probably put ktm on the podium consitantly.

That is the dumbest comment I have heard. No amateur rider can have factory support. Obviously you have never heard of Kawasaki Team Green's Amateur program or suzuki's amateur program that Davi rode for. You think that Kawasaki puts there name on anything but the best for their amatuer riders. I know for a fact that the bikes that Bubba rode as an amatuer were not the same bikes that your local Kawasaki dealer carried. There was a local kid that rode for Kawasaki's amatuer team and I know for a fact that his KX 60 would blow the doors off guys in fast 80 class. He use to run it in super mini I believe was the class and dust guys that won on 80's. That bike was tricked out and it came directly from Kawasaki that way. This kid won Lorretta's and Poca City, all the big races. So I think you were on something when you typed that sentence. The only smart thing you said in your post was that Alessi was going to put KTM on the podium consistently. Think before you type bud :thumbsup: :naughty

jeeez man calm down. there is no need to be an ass. i said i was not sure of my comment. when i say factory support i meant exotic one off parts. everything the factory supplies has to be avalible to the public.yes i know honda, kawi,etc... sponser riders i did not know that they had acctual contracs like they do with pro riders. i did not know they supplied them with real factory bikes. if i am wrong so be it. you are obviously a big fan of mike and take offense to any negative comment made about him. most of the post i have read concerning him on tt are not that critical of mike. but comments about his father fot the most part are negative.

and if you are still upset about what i said, then

EAT OUT OF MY ASS :thumbsup: