Sign in to follow this  

450R release update...........

After reading the post by BLL titled "dealer just called, 450R releasing on 9/28 (nfm)..dang! "

I called Motosports of Ukiah (Nor Cal) and spoke to a friend who is a salesman there. He got on Hondas dealer website and told me the most current date for relase, as of 9/11/04 is September 23. This is a change from the prior info of September 22, but still not as late as the 28th, as reported in BLL's post. ....

10 days away and counting.............

Hey! Let's have none of this countdown stuff! Last time you tried that, the release date got pushed back again!!! Don't jynx it! :thumbsup:

I talked to my salesman on Friday. He said he would know for sure when mine was coming by tomorrow. I'll give him a call and let you know what I am told.

I talked to the sales manager this morning from www.canyonhonda.com and he said that he attended the dealer convention and he said he is expecting his first shipment of bikes to arrive late this week or early next. May not be true but if it is it's good news!

Hey! Let's have none of this countdown stuff! Last time you tried that, the release date got pushed back again!!! Don't jynx it! :devil:

I talked to my salesman on Friday. He said he would know for sure when mine was coming by tomorrow. I'll give him a call and let you know what I am told.

Oh crap your right.....I take it back! :thumbsup:

Hey,

I also went down to my dealer today, and he called honda right there, and they also said the 23 is when they would be realsing the 450's to the wearhouses, and then it would be however long it takes the indavidual shipping companys to get them to the dealer. he said it would be about the 30th before he got one on the flor.

But thats just what i heard. :thumbsup:

You know what, I don't think anybody including Honda knows when these bikes are gonna be on dealer's floors. I just talked to my dealer who said he got his info from the dealer expo and he says the release date is 9-27, with bikes to come up to two weeks after that date!? So many different stories and dates. I guess they get here when they get here. I just wish Honda wouldn't string us along hoping to keep our business! Its pi$$ing me off!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

This is all really starting to piss me off :thumbsup: I have been told next week for the last three weeks. It looks like it's going to be October at this rate :devil:

Keith :awww:

lora84,

Do you know any dealers in Asheville that have the '05 CR250F's? If so, can I get their name?

Thanks

Their website still says available August '04. I passed up a new blue 450 for about 2000 dollars less, (an '04) but I really wanted a new Honda. That was in July when the Honda was due out (in about a week.) I just burnt my last week of vacation this year, I have to lock my time in April, and I still have not seen the illusive bike that I have had a deposit on since June.

The latest rumor is they were all confiscated and secretly taken to Area 51 for reverse engineering. The goverment suspects alien technology was used to achieve such high levels of performance. That is on every thing except the valves :thumbsup::devil:

Don't know if the dealer was blowing smoke or not but the sales manager says that they have already been released and 6 have already been shipped to him.

lora84,

Do you know any dealers in Asheville that have the '05 CR250F's? If so, can I get their name?

Thanks

Ga dealers have started receiving the CRF250's...

lora84,

MR Honda has 2 CRF250R's on the showroom floor as of Tuesday 9-14-04. Telephone # 828-277-8600. Give them a call, they will do you right :thumbsup:

Thanks