Sign in to follow this  

I'm going to Pinnacle Creek on the H/M system, 9/25

If anyone wants to go up to Pineville, WV to the new Pinnacle Creek section of Hatfield McCoy, sound off. I'm headed up on 9/25 for the day. If the weather is bad I won't go or if they get too much rain from Ivan we'll need to hold off a week or so.

Looks like 105 miles of easy to difficult riding.

Did you make the trip? How was the trails, how to they compair to Brown or Brushy Mtn?

I went up to the Pinnacle Creek area about 2 months ago.

I did not think that it was worth the 3 hr drive.

It was a change of scenery, but Brown @ Brushy is pretty good in my book.

I have however been going to a place that is next to Bluefield and a little closer. I have only went with other Quad riders so I have not yet experienced it on my bike.

It is the Wagonwheel restaurant area. Pretty good hillclimbs, a lot of trails, and its free.

I hope to be going up again soon, maybe in the last few weekends in October. If you want to meet up then we could.

Didn't go. You see al the responses here. Loads of them.

How is Bluefield as far as rocks and terrain? I'll go up if it's not too technical or hilly.

Where I have been it is not technical or hilly. The few hillclimbs that you come to, you can go around if you want.

The hillclimb that I like is called the stairsteps. ( about 1/4 - 1/2 mile long ).

Most of the places that I have been is pretty muddy, and a few rocks. Not half as bad as Uhwarrie!!

I rode Rockhouse this past Saturday. Probably only covered about 1/4 of the trails. Rode Pinnacle Sunday. The main trails are just dirt roads. The intermediate trails were fun but relatively easy. Only rode about 1/3 of the Pinnacle Trails. Some locals showed me how to get to the wagonwheel area from the Pinnacle trails, I plan to try that next time. I thought it was worth the ride for a change of trail and scenery.

Throwing out another date.... :cry:

Ok, I can ride the 16th or 17th. Need to get some seat time guys, especially before the weather gets too nasty to ride.

How about this Sat, 9th.

We are either going up to Wagonwheel, ( bluefield ) or over to Brown mountain if they are open.

Does anybody know if Brown Mountain has reopened since the storm damage??

That might work. Looks like I'm going to the World Series the 23rd and 24th.

Also, I got a surprise for some of you. :cry:

Some locals showed me how to get to the wagonwheel area from the Pinnacle trails, I plan to try that next time. I thought it was worth the ride for a change of trail and scenery.

I'm planning a trip to Pinnacle in a couple weeks, but I haven't heard of wagonwheel. What is this area?

thanks,

-d

The wagonwheel area is just some local people that have opened up trails just above Bluewell.

It actually hooks into the Hatfield McCoy system.

You dont have to pay the $20 per person that Hatfield charges and the trails are about the same.

They just ask for $3 per vehicle donation and that you spend some money in the area, ie.. lunch, gas ... Whatever you need.

Good place to ride, great people, great hillclimb.