Sign in to follow this  

A tree fell on me yesterday!!!!!

Hi-

I'm new here but my husband's been on this board for a long time. (Shift1313)

My husband and I both have dual sports and were out riding through the mountains yesterday. At this particularly steep point on a hill, I grabbed onto a tree so I could lean my bike out and around the tree to get by and not fall down the hill. Well I got past the tree then realized I should have used my other hand to grab the tree. So I tried to switch my hands and not slide down the hill and I heard this loud cracking. The whole tree came out of the ground! Needless to say, the bike fell on top of me and the tree then fell on my bike. I wasn't hurt except for a pulled muscle in my back today that's kinda achy but in hindsight, it's kind of amusing. Oh and the tree wasn't that big...maybe 4" in diameter but it was tall and I thought rooted to the ground. Apparently, I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Yikes! That's just a little scarey! Well, I'm glad you didn't fall down the hill. THat would have really sucked! I wonder if you guys got a ton of rain b/c that'll really loosen up the roots. We had quite a soggy summer last year and trees were falling down ALL OVER the place.

Sounds like something that would happen to me, glad to hear you were no hurt.

Those tree's are so unpredictable. :thumbsup:

I'm down in Blacksburg, probably 4 hours from you. My husband is from Reston though, we're up there all the time. Well, not all the time, but holidays and stuff, you know.

Where do you usually ride?

Well, I don't just yet, seeing as I just got the bike on Sunday. :thumbsup: This is all new territory for me. Do you ride when you come up here? Where do you ride at home? Tomahawk in WV will probably be my first endeavor.

There is a track that is in that area that I see near Blacksburg from I81. Can you tell me what the name is? PM me if you can please. Thx. Oh, and don't let any more trees fall near you :thumbsup:

There is a track that is in that area that I see near Blacksburg from I81. Can you tell me what the name is? PM me if you can please. Thx. Oh, and don't let any more trees fall near you :thumbsup:

kpicha- Congrats on the new bike then!! I haven't been riding in northern VA yet, we don't have a trailer to get the bikes up there but since my husband is from up there he's probably been to a lot of places. All he ever talks about is Budd's Creek, but I know that's in MD. At home here, there aren't many tracks to ride on so we mostly ride on fire trails and mountain trails, etc. etc. Which is fine by me! :thumbsup: